Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

DVD in motion patch for NR261UM

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 01:28 PM

NavHack!
Anyone who has the loading.kwi for a version not listed there, email it to me and I'll patch it up.
atb.
O.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Evo><
Guys I have managed to convert an MP3 so that it can be played by the MMCS, the MMCS uses Sony's ATRAC3+ Codec 128Kbps but with a custom RIFF + WAveFormatExtensible header.

I was hoping to create a way of transferring MP3's to the MMCS, but I have hit a big snag. After I managed to create a working audio file I set about trying to decode the various audio index files with a reasonable degree of success, but I have come up against an issue I need some help with. Each of the various audio index files, such as index.lst, have a 4 byte checksum at the start of the file to help detect corruption. So far I have tried all known 4 byte checksum algorithms on the index.lst file bar the first 4 bytes but have failed to generate the checksum correctly. Without the ability to generate the 4 byte checksum this project cannot go any further, so this is where the community can help. I need help with discovering this checksum algorithm; I have seen that some great work has been done on the MMCS with code disassembly and I was hoping some talented person could find the algorithm from the disassembled code. The MMCS will check this first when opening any of the various audio index file, but it will open index.lst first I believe.

Hope you guys can help, as I feel we are close to maybe being able to get our MP3's transferred to the MMCS without burning CD's.
Interesting..
I looked a while back at forcing the subsystem to use plain MP3 coding ( its perfectly capable of it ).. I'll have a shuftie through the archive and see if I can find my notes.
atb.
O.

Old 08-13-2012, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Otaku
Interesting..
I looked a while back at forcing the subsystem to use plain MP3 coding ( its perfectly capable of it ).. I'll have a shuftie through the archive and see if I can find my notes.
atb.
O.
Unbelievable, Otaku still alive, nice Long time out of board, Welcome back

Old 08-13-2012, 10:41 AM

It is a great to hear from Otaku again

Old 08-13-2012, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by WiValdiBB
Unbelievable, Otaku still alive, nice Long time out of board, Welcome back
Yes! welcome back, welcome back, he's the MAN!!!

Ok, so I think I have came to a Rock and Hard Place.

I did the patch almost 4 years ago, and have since been enjoying my outtie and watching dvd's when I want. Well its 2012, and I'm running '05 maps.... I need to get an update, but I'm afraid of losing the patch.

Otaku question: What is going to happen when I do a map upgrade? Will I lose dvd in motion? Would I have to do a new patch? Does one exist?

My goods:
BLD-NR-261UM 1.09
version 00.20.68, I think patch that I used put me at 00.30.94 now (need to double check)

Thanks, glad to see ya back.
And I know where the DONATION button is....

Last edited by tdford; 08-13-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:13 PM

Interesting..
atb.
O.
Thanks Otaku, I know you did alot to decode the loading.kwi etc, so maybe you could take a look at the code and see how they calculate the checksum. I will post more about how I created the working .sc file.

Did you ever finish off the LoadingView utility; I downloaded the latest from TTA and its pretty awesome, but can't export from it yet.

Old 08-13-2012, 03:46 PM

Thanks Otaku, I know you did alot to decode the loading.kwi etc, so maybe you could take a look at the code and see how they calculate the checksum. I will post more about how I created the working .sc file.
I'll have a shuftie this weekend and see what I can find..
Did you ever finish off the LoadingView utility; I downloaded the latest from TTA and its pretty awesome, but can't export from it yet.
Heh.. Cheers, but I beg to differ - its a heap of **** .. As of a week ago, its going through a complete rewrite to make it modular and pluggable.. I aim to end up with a generic workbench app that can be used for a number of projects..

Old 08-13-2012, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by tdford
Otaku question: What is going to happen when I do a map upgrade? Will I lose dvd in motion? Would I have to do a new patch? Does one exist?
Yes, you'll lose dvd-in-motion.. but pass me the loading.kwi from the update disc, and it won't be for too long..
Originally Posted by tdford
And I know where the DONATION button is....
Glad someone does ..

Old 08-13-2012, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by WiValdiBB
Good work,
we would like to play MP3 from HDD too.
MMCS has a very strange file indexing system,
Do You recognize them ?
I did some research too, without success
May You write us more?
What You investigated?
Best Greetings
Strange indeed; I also couldn't find anything on this SLJA index, so set about trying to understand it using hex view, inspired by Otaku and Brian360's earlier success with the loading.kwi

So far I think I have a pretty good grasp of what's going on in the files, but as mentioned they have custom checksum which is stopping me altering them for testing.

This what I have decoded so far, see attachment.

Attached Files
Old 08-13-2012, 04:28 PM

I'll have a shuftie this weekend and see what I can find..

Heh.. Cheers, but I beg to differ - its a heap of **** .. As of a week ago, its going through a complete rewrite to make it modular and pluggable.. I aim to end up with a generic workbench app that can be used for a number of projects..
Well gave me my first real look inside the .kwi files

Quick Reply: DVD in motion patch for NR261UM