Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

DVD in motion patch for NR261UM

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 12:46 AM
Default RE: DVD in motion patch for NR261UM

Brian 360
Is this something I should be attempting on my own? I know a little about computers, but programing stuff is not one of them...I read though that link and I have to somehow hook the hard drive up to a laptop....this thing is locked.....when I start the car I get the message"program up-progress" some bars go underneath it then blank screen. I think I just my bite the bullet and go to the dealer and tell them it just crashed....

Old 09-02-2008, 12:42 PM

Its entirely up to you. If you look back several pages, this happened to one other person. It is most likely caused by a corrupted download and/or a bad or incomplete CD burn. But the best known method to fix it is remove the hard drive and copy the file over manually. Who knows, maybe the dealer knows of a better way to fix it Although I have a feeling they are going to be clueless and will simply replace the entire unit.

Good luck!

Old 09-02-2008, 06:23 PM

So because tarimachin and I have the newest App: version out there, if we were to take the cracked files of one of the older apps and copy them directly to our hard drives. Would this essentially downgrade our App as well with out harming any other parts of the system and allow the DVD in motion to work? Or would doing that just screw everything up?

Old 09-02-2008, 06:29 PM

I have no idea I have not tried this on my MMCS. It is my intuition that yes, it would screw something up. The reason I say that is because the MMCS does indeed have built-in checks (however pathetic) to not allow a downgrade when updating via CD. But if you're willing to take the risk, please keep us posted!

Old 09-03-2008, 02:41 PM

I loaded the patch and can play DVDs while in motion now, but when I hook up my iPhone to play a movie it will not continue showing the movie when the vehicle is in motion. Does anyone know if there's a "fix" for that?

Thanks!

Old 09-04-2008, 08:02 PM

KWL I believe you are plugging your iPhone into the aux jack right? This patch is only for the DVD not for AUX.
Any updates on the AUX in motion patch?

Old 09-05-2008, 09:36 AM

Yes, I plug my iPhone into the aux jack to watch videos and it works great, but when the car is in motion it turns off the video part and continues to play the audio (just like the DVD used to do before I loaded the patch). I was hoping there was a patch for the AUX that will allow in motion video playback.

Thanks!

Old 09-06-2008, 12:22 PM

GOOD NEWSSSSSS

I JUST FOUND A SOLUTION FOR "AUX IN MOTION " I tried it and it works like charm guys...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Aux in MOTION" is now WORKING !!!!!!!

I found my solution from Japan , now I'm not home butwhen I go home I will let you know how to ....

This is not a Software patch like OTAKU's method, I simply bought a socket from Japan which enables Aux in Motion without any side effects.

For guys who's desperate like I wasand who couldn't wait for Otaku's patch,,,, wellthis is your thing.... )))))

Old 09-06-2008, 01:36 PM

AWESOME!!!!! Let me know how it works and where to get it. Of course I'd prefer software, but if thats the only way...

Thanks for the update

Old 09-06-2008, 02:53 PM

ORIGINAL: brian360

Its entirely up to you. If you look back several pages, this happened to one other person. It is most likely caused by a corrupted download and/or a bad or incomplete CD burn. But the best known method to fix it is remove the hard drive and copy the file over manually. Who knows, maybe the dealer knows of a better way to fix it Although I have a feeling they are going to be clueless and will simply replace the entire unit.

Good luck!
You're more than likely 100% correct. I started researching mods to my Lancer before I bought it (a car with that much technology in it REQUIRED a bit of hacking). While I was talking to the salesman about the car I pointed out the HDD cover of the MCSS, he thoughtI was some kind of Mitsubishi engineer and called his service manager out to talk with me a while... even the service manager didn't know what was behind that plate.

I have a feeling standard operating proceedure on a dead MCSS is to replace the entire unit and send it back to Japan for reconditioning.

Quick Reply: DVD in motion patch for NR261UM