Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

dvd player to play while my car is in motion

Old 05-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Default dvd player to play while my car is in motion

anyone know how towatch a movie while the car is in motion on the 07 outlander....
Not to watch while driving but for the wife to watch while i am driving....

Old 05-23-2007, 11:01 PM
Default RE: dvd player to play while my car is in motion

This is not possible, there several forum users here that are working on a way around this, as far as I know nothing has been figured out yet.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:12 PM

If my memory serves me right, it's actually possible, but you need a switch to do the trick. But while you're enjoying the show, a lot of your metrics that depend on satellite data will not work because the hack involves disconnecting the GPS. Read some old posts by rdenis, he's got it figured out I think.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:17 PM

rcpax is correct it is "possible", but not right of the lot. I got the impression you dint know this was not "possible" when stock, so thats why I said its not possible.lol ok enought with the possibles.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:39 PM

Yes, so far no news of an official bypass from Mitsubishi. This is a safety issue so the dealers might not do it anyway even if the techs knew how. And doing this hack will definitely void your MMCS's warranty, probably you'll lose all warranties if the car gets totalled in an accident while DVD is showing in the main screen.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:45 AM

Yeah, defenetly void your warranty on the unit, but if you get in an accident and total your car, is up to you to have full coverage insurance and you should be fine.

Old 05-24-2007, 10:08 AM

Just drive *really* slow...

Old 05-24-2007, 04:44 PM

if a hardware mod cant be made to allow dvd to play in motion and still allow gps to still work then it would require a software mod.....how is a software update made to the gps anyways

Old 05-24-2007, 05:26 PM

I'm not going to say who or where, but I know of a tech that's working on this issue. He himself has a couple of Mitsubishis and wants to do this himself. He's looking into the software/computer issues and feels confident that he could do it but there's a small problem. Even if he figures out how to "trick" the comp, you'll most likely have to bring in into a shop and have a tech do it. Bringing it in and having him work on that shouldn't be much of a problem but for others who don't have "tech" access, it would be a problem. As for the accident issue and voiding the warranty...I can't rem. the last time the cops or insurance company or whoever were checking to see if your accident was DVD related...

Old 05-25-2007, 12:32 AM

ORIGINAL: ACEofSPADEs

He's looking into the software/computer issues and feels confident that he could do it but there's a small problem. Even if he figures out how to "trick" the comp, you'll most likely have to bring in into a shop and have a tech do it.
Nonsense, this is what the net is for. I'm very interested in providing your friend whatever assistance I can. As much as I have done trying to solve this, I am at the point it requires either a software hack, or some funky ScanTool maneuver. I haven't seen any documentation yet supporting a ScanTool option change but it may be there somewhere.

If it requires a software hack, then we will need to wait for the DVD update and even then it may not work. (I have just thought of some useful information which will go a long wayto answering whether this is possible - I will start a new thread.)

If your friend islooking for any help or input, please PM me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dvd player to play while my car is in motion