Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Edmund's Long Termer(May Update)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 03:17 AM
Default RE: 2G Outlander is Edmund's Latest Long Termer

Wait, the Outlander isn't a sports car? Now they tell me. [:@]

Old 04-13-2007, 10:55 AM

In case you didn't know, Edmunds is biased Toyota and Honda. Anything else is inferior by definition.
The intro alone has many errors in it (did you know that, according with Edmunds, the rear seats are heated in your XLS with leather?), which show how less the reviewer knows about the car. I already pointed out few in my "rant" on Edmunds forum.
They have a history of writing BS in the Full-Test for the Outlander. Have a look for yourself.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:32 PM

I wouldn't get too upset. I agree that Mits's 25 year history in NA has been less than stellar. Of course the reviewers are going to be skeptical going in. All I can say is thank god its a long-term test - how unfair would it be if all they did was a short road test and then made thesecomments as the "official" review. Give them some credit for selecting the Outie for a long term test, no one else has. It will most definitely result in a fair and balanced review, not just some two or three day opinion.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:24 PM

That's the thing. They (Edmunds) already had a Full-Test review which is their "official" review and they twisted some FACTS to make it sound like the Outlander is a mediocre car, whichit is far behind the great RAV4 or CR-V. Don't get me wrong, RAV4, CR-V and Santa Fe are good cars, but each car has it's pluses and minuses.
While I agree on less than stellar performance of Mitsubishi in NA, low resale value, etc. they did not comment on that and they aresupposed to review the car not the company.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:33 PM

Thanks for pointing that out. Hopefully the long-term test will enable them to get their facts straight and they can correct themselves.

Old 04-13-2007, 05:36 PM
JMC

That's crazy about the heated rear seats. I bet my favorite Canadian thinks I wrote that review!
They shouldn't give a half assed review because they don't jive with the whole Mitsu Company.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:16 PM

So, do you guys have your rear seats heated in your US XLS's with leather? Of course, except for the times when your car has been sitting in the sun all day...
Also, do you guys really can stop your US XLS's from 60 mph in 30 ft? My lousy a$$ canadian LS can only be stopped in some 130 ft? Damn....
Another inexact thing in this Intro: "... magnesium shift paddles mounted on the steering wheel". They are in fact mounted on the steering COLUMN and they do not move with the steering wheel. This is a big difference and Mitsu did it on purpose - in a rally car,the pilot's hands are always somewhere around 2/10 position. They are also big enough so they are easily reachable. I remember reading a review where they wereseeing this as an akward setup.
It remains to be seen if the guys at Edmunds will make any comments on this.

Old 04-13-2007, 07:27 PM

ORIGINAL: biscuit

Wait, the Outlander isn't a sports car? Now they tell me. [:@]
Well [sm=signs006.gif].

Old 04-16-2007, 03:23 PM

There's a new post on the Long Term Test blog:

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander: Hard Drive Rules!

I finally took the time to learn the ins and outs of our Outlander's hard drive audio system. The menus are deep and not always intuitive.
The flexibility and capacity of the hard drive more than makes up for the steep learning curve. And the hard drive does more than just play music, it's packed with other features like a calendar, navigation system and Bluetooth to name just a few.
The hard drive combined with the Rockford Fosgate audio system is a must have feature.
Brian Moody, Road Test Editor
Not a bad first blog post!

http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/c...utlanderXLS4WD

Old 04-16-2007, 05:01 PM

Great start for the 2G Outlander!!

It's good that they went for the full-optioned model.

Quick Reply: Edmund's Long Termer(May Update)