Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Edmunds rated 07 Outlander vs Rav4, CRV, Rogue

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Default RE: Edmunds rated 07 Outlander vs Rav4, CRV, Rogue

my car still has about 700 miles and mileage is not so great, I take it this is the case with theirs as well.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: klas

I know we shouldn't care about the undeserved 4th place on a popular website, but it bugs hell out of me for the sake of other car shoppers.
This is exactly what bothers me too. I don't need approval for my choice at all. I'm very happy with it anyways.

Old 09-10-2007, 04:56 PM

ORIGINAL: klas

my car still has about 700 miles and mileage is not so great, I take it this is the case with theirs as well.
They have over 11K on theirs. I average around 21-22 mpg with high at 26-27 mph and low at 18-19 mpg. Not bad for a V6 SUV if you ask me.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:25 PM

psssshhhh. go outie! enough said!

Old 09-10-2007, 06:37 PM

"Our group of test drivers — driving enthusiasts all — score the Mitsubishi Outlander highest in the categories of braking performance, handling and fun-to-drive, as well as exterior design. The Outlander also earns 2nd place when our editors are asked to select the vehicle they'd purchase if price were not considered. The Outlander XLS is clearly the enthusiast's choice......."

This is what resonates with me..Personally, I want a sports car, but I need something with utility..

Point..Match...Outlander!

Old 09-10-2007, 07:03 PM

Bingo, I love the technology (I'm a geek ), and the price is VERY good.

As for the CX-7, I loved the exterior looks as well, but it is pricey (maybe more so than the honda and toyota), and the engine lacked the oomph I like. I went from a v8 to a v6, so maybe that has something to do with me not really wanting a turbo 4.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:49 AM

ORIGINAL: antlip

.......... Anyone else curious on how hard they drove the outlander to only manage I think they said something like 19 miles per gallon? I dont drive mine easy and I get over 24 mpg. They must of been stomping the gas pedal every chance they had.
I have been wondering this for some time. I am at 5k and average around 24 mpg mixed driving. They must drive the crap out of their vehicles. Maybe the Outie is soo fun that they can't drive it easy. They probably did all their testing with it in 4wd Lock and with the A/C on.

Old 09-12-2007, 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Fisherman

ORIGINAL: antlip

.......... Anyone else curious on how hard they drove the outlander to only manage I think they said something like 19 miles per gallon? I dont drive mine easy and I get over 24 mpg. They must of been stomping the gas pedal every chance they had.
I have been wondering this for some time. I am at 5k and average around 24 mpg mixed driving. They must drive the crap out of their vehicles. Maybe the Outie is soo fun that they can't drive it easy. They probably did all their testing with it in 4wd Lock and with the A/C on.
I was getting about that when I first got mine. Couldnt keep my foot out of it and they do seem to get better mileage around 3K maybe I just quit stomping on it.
Im also curious about if I get the ecm TSB done if I will get better mileage.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:14 PM

To me, reviewers who make sour-grapes comments like "There's no glare-inducing touchscreen (nor even an available navigation system, by the way)..." definitely put themselves on shaky ground (credibility-wise) in a hurry.

For a product developer, it can be so frustrating because you want to add that cool new feature. But of course it's only 95% perfect, so you have to start thinking twice about if it will really make sense to include it, because you'll always get the writers who get hung up on the 5% that isn't perfect, and try to make your cool new feature sound like a total negative. With the result that features don't get released because of the potential for negative spin.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: BoldlyGoingNowhere

I was getting about that when I first got mine. Couldnt keep my foot out of it and they do seem to get better mileage around 3K maybe I just quit stomping on it.
Im also curious about if I get the ecm TSB done if I will get better mileage.

Make sure you have it done right. You know that the dealer screwed up on mine and I'm yet to get it resolved. I called Mitsu Canada and I'm in the process to have it fixed - I don't know the details yet on how.

I'm not sure but since I had the TSB done on mine (incorrectly), I think the actual mileage decreased.

Quick Reply: Edmunds rated 07 Outlander vs Rav4, CRV, Rogue