Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Claude_A
Vadimus, again you where right.

After Internet update everything is working.

I fixed the door unlock to work when the lever is put in Park and also increased the time to re lock from 30 to 60 second so I wont have to run to the car.

Big thanks for all your work.
Thanks Claude, I am really happy be helpful to our community.
As I am a big car enthusiast it is really great to feel that my interest is shared by someone else

Old 09-01-2011, 07:35 PM

Auto unlocking can be achieved through the MMCS but I don't know fo the time for re lock as I don't have a MMCS.

Use PP2000 and it is in the BSI section, customizing then in Customer Options, Locking and Unlocking.

In this section you find choice for auto unlocking (3 choices 1- inactive 2- Active at park 3- Active at shut down).

Just below there is the choice of time for the auto re lock, this happen if you use the remote to unlock the car but don't open a door within the time set, the car re lock it self automatically. Default is 30 seconds I change it to 60 seconds.

The wording is approximate as I don't recall the exact terms.
Before selecting unlocking options in PP2000 you should enable the locking itself. It is being done in Lexia, in Vehicle Options menu.

Old 09-01-2011, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Before selecting unlocking options in PP2000 you should enable the locking itself. It is being done in Lexia, in Vehicle Options menu.
RZRACER had already done this but thanks it complete the instructions.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:20 PM

Auto unlocking can be achieved through the MMCS but I don't know fo the time for re lock as I don't have a MMCS.

Use PP2000 and it is in the BMI section, customizing then in Customer Options, Locking and Unlocking.

In this section you find choice for auto unlocking (3 choices 1- inactive 2- Active at park 3- Active at shut down).

Just below there is the choice of time for the auto re lock, this happen if you use the remote to unlock the car but don't open a door within the time set, the car re lock it self automatically. Default is 30 seconds I change it to 60 seconds.

The wording is approximate as I don't recall the exact terms.

Thanks Claude, I found the setting in the MMCS and now understand what it is.

I also noticed under the locking tab in the MMCS that since I enabled the auto locking feature in the Lexia software, I have the option available in the MMCS now. It's called something like speed activated auto locking with the option of enable or disable. I'm sure this was not there before.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by rzracer
Thanks Claude, I found the setting in the MMCS and now understand what it is.

I also noticed under the locking tab in the MMCS that since I enabled the auto locking feature in the Lexia software, I have the option available in the MMCS now. It's called something like speed activated auto locking with the option of enable or disable. I'm sure this was not there before.
Vadimus --- That is interesting, rzracer has a RVR (Sport for US)

Anybody can confirm if it's the same for the Outlander?

Old 09-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Default Any Luck

Originally Posted by jsrd
No
No
No

I removed the box under steering wheel to securely fit the OBD connector. I keep trying options in the week, it would be unfortunate if I can not play with my ETACS. . .

JSRD, were you able to figure anything out to get your device to talk to the ECU? Seems I'm no in the same boat as mine will not talk to my vehicle now either.

Mine was working and this weekend I went to install to install the DVD in Motion device (Resourceit.com.au/mmcs/) sells and it caused a airbag system needs maint warning indication (I can confirm the unit doesn't work with a Sport). I thought no big deal I can just reset it with Lexia. No matter how many times I tried Lexia or PP2000 complain they can't talk to the ECU and the VIN screen appears. I spend at least 2 hours trying both cables, both programs and every configuration of turning ignition on first, program first ect. The few times I used it I never had a problem at this point just they actual writing until I did the internet update.

I even re-imaged the HD back to exactly back to the point where I updated Lexia and got it to work about 10 days ago to no avail. I will take another spare HD and fresh load XP and Lexia and try again but I have a hunch the device went bad OR possibly the device won't talk if there is an error in the ECU (doesn't seem likely though). Hoping you sorted you problem out and have some advise. Thanks

I tripped the same error about a month ago when I disconnected the VSS line on the MMCS about a month ago and had to go to the dealer to have it reset. I really hope I don't have to go to the dealer again.

Old 09-06-2011, 12:01 PM

Hi rzracer, thank you for your comment. I did not try more options to correct the problem because I had no time, and now I'm at work offshore again, but the things I will do is take another computer, install the device first, then the Lexia software, and I will not download the internet update, and I hope to be lucky that it works. If not works, or it is a problem in my device, or definitely this interface does not communicate with 2007 ETACS. I will be reporting my results and hope you solve this problem with your Lexia.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:21 AM
Default 2011 Outlander Sport

Update, I took another Hard drive and did another complete Windows XP/Lexia load/update and connected it last night. No joy wouldn't talk to the vehicle with either program. I took everything back into the house and started looking a the round connector and at first was worried I couldn't see the male pins. I then realized there is that spring loaded plastic pin protector. I seated and reseated, wiggled and twisted and went out and tried again. This time it read the VIN and I was in. It would seem to me there is a quality issue with this connector. If it gives me another problem I'll cut the connector out and solder/heatshink the wires direct.

As far as my Airbag error, seems neither program can talk to that particular ECU so I will be heading to the dealer to have it reset with the MUT3 device.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:24 AM

As far as my Airbag error, seems neither program can talk to that particular ECU so I will be heading to the dealer to have it reset with the MUT3 device.
Lexia IS able to see the airbag ECU! Will post proof later.

Last edited by Vadimus; 09-08-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:52 AM

Update, I took another Hard drive and did another complete Windows XP/Lexia load/update and connected it last night. No joy wouldn't talk to the vehicle with either program. I took everything back into the house and started looking a the round connector and at first was worried I couldn't see the male pins. I then realized there is that spring loaded plastic pin protector. I seated and reseated, wiggled and twisted and went out and tried again. This time it read the VIN and I was in. It would seem to me there is a quality issue with this connector. If it gives me another problem I'll cut the connector out and solder/heatshink the wires direct.

rzracer, this is a great find that will help me, thanks for sharing this information

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization