Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 03:51 AM

How exactly does this Lexia3 tool work?

Does it read MUT?
So, If I selected C-Crosser would it also work to reset an airbag light on a 2008 L200?
If so, should it work on all mitsubishi's (at least what it has program options for)

Or, have mitsubishi programmed the outlander to use the same protocal as citroen/peugeot?

I see if you buy the genuine MUT3 tool (at a cost of $5000) then the list says you need an adaptor 'MB991855' to connect to the outlander, this is the only mitsubishi car you need the adaptor for. Also, the adaptor is only $30 or so which makes me think it is a simple connector adaptor or something?
The picture just looks like a 16pin Female-16pin male but the outlander looks to have a standard connector?
This is making me think they may have made the outlander to match the other cars and the pin assignment is not the same? hence the adaptor needed.

I am asking as I need to re-set an airbag light (on both a 07 outlander & a 08 L200) but the Autel JP701 tool I bought will only read the 'standard' obd information and not let me connect on either car to the airbag/engine/abs functions

Old 09-25-2011, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by hotponyshoes
How exactly does this Lexia3 tool work?

Does it read MUT?
So, If I selected C-Crosser would it also work to reset an airbag light on a 2008 L200?
If so, should it work on all mitsubishi's (at least what it has program options for)

Or, have mitsubishi programmed the outlander to use the same protocal as citroen/peugeot?

I see if you buy the genuine MUT3 tool (at a cost of $5000) then the list says you need an adaptor 'MB991855' to connect to the outlander, this is the only mitsubishi car you need the adaptor for. Also, the adaptor is only $30 or so which makes me think it is a simple connector adaptor or something?
The picture just looks like a 16pin Female-16pin male but the outlander looks to have a standard connector?
This is making me think they may have made the outlander to match the other cars and the pin assignment is not the same? hence the adaptor needed.

I am asking as I need to re-set an airbag light (on both a 07 outlander & a 08 L200) but the Autel JP701 tool I bought will only read the 'standard' obd information and not let me connect on either car to the airbag/engine/abs functions
Peugeot 4007 and Citroen C-crosser are re-badged twins of Outlander, built on same factory in Japan. That's why Peugeot/Citroen tool is able to read Outlander.

As for resetting airbag light you need to fix actual issue causing the light, e.g if one of the crash sensors fail you need to replace it before resetting.
Do you have the code of the error? Does the lamp blinks in showing pattern, or just stays on?

Lexia is capable of reading/programming airbag ECU, L200 does have an ETACS system, so I guess it could be done.

But please take into consideration that airbag system is being tested every time you switch on ignition - fix the issue and airbag light will go off itself.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:42 AM

I'm thinking that's not correct in ALL cases with airbag lights as was the case twice with my Outlander Sport. Twice I disconnected the VSS wire and started the vehicle trying to bypass the DVD in motion. Both times I instantly got the "airbag system needs maint. warning" and had to bring it to the dealer to have it reset because Lexia won't talk to the airbag ECU on the Sport. There obviously was not a problem with the airbag but the warning wouldn't correct itself even after a few hundred miles and leaving the battery disconnected overnight. Funny thing on the last dealer trip was the tech wrote up that he found a loose connector and sure as heck that wasn't true. I just chuckled to myself as I was checking out.

Last edited by rzracer; 09-26-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:51 PM

Not sure if all outlanders are the same but,
Mine has the small light on constantly.
Also, the main display (in the center of the dash) showes an airbac symbol and the 'service workshop' message whenever I start the car, I have to press the info button to get rid of it but the light remains on plus it then remindes me in the display every 20mins or so and I need to press the info button again..

The car had a deployed airbag which I replaced, It would not re-set (tried disconecting the battery etc) so the dealer reset it fine with a MUT tool.
I have since removed the seat (and re-fitted it) which caused the light to go on again so it needs re-setting again.

What I am trying to work out is if the Lexia will do the same job as a MUT,
Can I set the Lexia to C-Crosser mode and it will work on all Mitsubishi cars?

when I connect my tester to the outlander or L200 it will work in 'CAN STANDARD -FAST', I belive it is connection on a geniric protocal, the part that is required by law.
For the airbags etc it must use another protocal.
What protocal does Lexia use, what abut MUT?
Have mitsubishi set up the Outlander the same as the L200 (so a Lexia should work on both) or have the set up the outlander the same as the c-crosser (so the MUT must be able to use more than one protocal?

I have another Mitsubishi L200 which also has the light on so I do not want to spend on the lexia if it will only work on outlander, I want one tool that does both (without the expense of MUT)

Old 09-26-2011, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by hotponyshoes
Not sure if all outlanders are the same but,
Mine has the small light on constantly.
Also, the main display (in the center of the dash) showes an airbac symbol and the 'service workshop' message whenever I start the car, I have to press the info button to get rid of it but the light remains on plus it then remindes me in the display every 20mins or so and I need to press the info button again..

The car had a deployed airbag which I replaced, It would not re-set (tried disconecting the battery etc) so the dealer reset it fine with a MUT tool.
I have since removed the seat (and re-fitted it) which caused the light to go on again so it needs re-setting again.

What I am trying to work out is if the Lexia will do the same job as a MUT,
Can I set the Lexia to C-Crosser mode and it will work on all Mitsubishi cars?

when I connect my tester to the outlander or L200 it will work in 'CAN STANDARD -FAST', I belive it is connection on a geniric protocal, the part that is required by law.
For the airbags etc it must use another protocal.
What protocal does Lexia use, what abut MUT?
Have mitsubishi set up the Outlander the same as the L200 (so a Lexia should work on both) or have the set up the outlander the same as the c-crosser (so the MUT must be able to use more than one protocal?

I have another Mitsubishi L200 which also has the light on so I do not want to spend on the lexia if it will only work on outlander, I want one tool that does both (without the expense of MUT)
L200 together with it's platform sibling Pajero Sport has pretty similar car network structure, except for the L200/Pajero not having cabin CAN network.
MUT3 will definitely work with both Outlander and L200.
And I believe airbag ECU will be accessible with Lexia too.

However I need to be sure before recommending anything.

I will ask if anyone from Montero subforum can participate to the further benefit of us Mitsu drivers
If there's a volunteer I'll try Lexia on his Montero Sport or Triton (not sure if there is at least one Triton in Greater Toronto Area, never seen it here).

Update: Done. Let's see if someone's interested in.
https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mi...mut-iii-40679/

Last edited by Vadimus; 09-26-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:21 PM

Has anyone managed to figure out how to turn on the "auto-lock after you walk away" feature?

Old 09-29-2011, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by ProcessorHog
Has anyone managed to figure out how to turn on the "auto-lock after you walk away" feature?
Not yet

Old 09-30-2011, 08:32 AM

hi
i have 2011 outlander XLS Canada

for some reason when i touch the door, its not like my old 2008 ( yup old, lol )
the door dont unlock, i need to press button everytime to unlock.
is there a option to activate when i touch the door it unlock ?

Also i have a OBD bluethoot reader, and i use a android program on my tablette to read information from the car. Is there any android program that will allow to program into the car ?
If i get the program you guy have, could i use Bluethoot to connect to my car ?

Thanks

Old 09-30-2011, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by armymen
hi
i have 2011 outlander XLS Canada

for some reason when i touch the door, its not like my old 2008 ( yup old, lol )
the door dont unlock, i need to press button everytime to unlock.
is there a option to activate when i touch the door it unlock ?

Also i have a OBD bluethoot reader, and i use a android program on my tablette to read information from the car. Is there any android program that will allow to program into the car ?
If i get the program you guy have, could i use Bluethoot to connect to my car ?

Thanks
Does any of 3 sensor work(driver's, passenger's, tailgate)?

You cannot use your OBD reader, you need a different cable.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:33 PM

Yes it can be done, his idiot dealer say it can't but I am sure the Lexia 3 can fix it.
See from the customization possibility list.

Just select the first option. Unless in 2011 the changed the door handles and removed the sensors but I doubt.

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization