Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 04:07 PM

Just changed to winter wheels.

Used Lexia to shut the TPMS. Lexia kept the lock at 20km/h no redoing needed.
Had to redo what I changed using PP2000 i.e. unlock on park.
Had to redo what I changed using the FAST key i.e. Unlock all door on touching the driver's door handle and toot the horn on first lock button press.

I initializes the lock when the key is detected outside the window but it does not work.

I will report how the disabling of TPMS is working a little later when I put some millage on the modification.

Old 10-29-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Yes, 6-speed will do too.
As for ECO I know where is that setting, but still do not know how to change it.
Ok, good to know.
Can you give us some details about diagbox? Does it have all the settings available in PP+Lexia or do you really need all 3 to change all the settings?
Does diagbox make some of those unknown values "known" so you can change more things safely?

EDIT: Just installed 6.01 and it doesn't detect the car at all. Apparently you have to de-solder a chip and program another one. You also have to downgrade the main flash which it updates when you run the program.

Last edited by ivanz; 10-30-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by ivanz
Just installed 6.01 and it doesn't detect the car at all. Apparently you have to de-solder a chip and program another one. You also have to downgrade the main flash which it updates when you run the program.
No need for resoldering, just downgrade the cable's firmware to 4.2.4 using PSA Checker tool.

Old 10-30-2011, 01:42 PM

No need for resoldering, just downgrade the cable's firmware to 4.2.4 using PSA Checker tool.
I tried that, it just reprograms each time you open open the software. Tried it twice...do you need to program it while diagbox is running?

Old 10-30-2011, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by ivanz
I tried that, it just reprograms each time you open open the software. Tried it twice...do you need to program it while diagbox is running?
That's easy - don't start Diagbox with cable attached, plug the cable only after Diagbox asks for it.
And yes, you can reprogram anytime, with Diagbox running too.

Old 10-30-2011, 02:56 PM

That's easy - don't start Diagbox with cable attached, plug the cable only after Diagbox asks for it.
And yes, you can reprogram anytime, with Diagbox running too.
Wow, so simple yet I spent hours on figuring it out. I was going to try deleting the .com file so it wouldn't be able to program it, but on the forum link everyone said its impossible to use the clone interface with anything above 5.29. Thanks for the info, maybe we should give a summary on the first post for anyone wanting to try diagbox so they don't waste hours like I did?

Old 10-31-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by jsrd
Poza Rica, Veracruz.

This thing does not work in my Out, and tried everything (freezing method, firmware upgarde for Lexia tool, review of PCB). Unfortunately I can not enjoy the configurations that have been Vadimus, Claude_A, snif, snif
oh no.... a little to far. i am on the border, in laredo, on the us side with nuevo laredo. but yeah veracruz is a bit to far of a drive.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by atx25rs
oh no.... a little to far. i am on the border, in laredo, on the us side with nuevo laredo. but yeah veracruz is a bit to far of a drive.
Do you have the Lexia tool? I plan to go to Laredo this month or in december. . .

Old 11-01-2011, 02:20 PM

i do have a lexia. I have it working on my macbook. I already did the update and got it working on the outlander sport.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:51 AM

atx25rs,
Good to hear about it. If finally I'm going to Laredo, I'll send an e-mail to see if you get a chance to check my Out, so as I bring my LExia tool.
Saludos. . .

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization