Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Default The moment I've bought Lexia for

The monent of truth - I've changed wheels to winter ones, and unsurprizingly got this message:

Funny thing, when I put stock wheels in the trunk they were still being detected by TPMS system, only after about 1 hour of laying still the sensors went to sleep, until the spring.

So, 5 minutes of Lexia treatment and no more TPMS Service Required.
That took so long time as I had to restore Customer Options which reset every time Vehicle Option is being changed.

Thus I do finally confirm - TMPS could be easily disabled

Old 11-02-2011, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
So, 5 minutes of Lexia treatment and no more TPMS Service Required.
That took so long time as I had to restore Customer Options which reset every time Vehicle Option is being changed.

Thus I do finally confirm - TMPS could be easily disabled
When you disabled the TPMS what settings were reset?

I'm thinking about it but I have all the doors unlocking when I touch the unlock sensors on my 2009 which was programmed by the dealer. My biggest concern is I don't know what the factory defaults are and what has been modified other than that. What about engine/transmission mappings - I know my transmission was remapped for harsh shifting too.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by nesser

I'm thinking about it but I have all the doors unlocking when I touch the unlock sensors on my 2009 which was programmed by the dealer. My biggest concern is I don't know what the factory defaults are and what has been modified other than that. What about engine/transmission mappings - I know my transmission was remapped for harsh shifting too.
All the setting in Customer Options section are being reset. If you have factory Navi these options are accessible thru it.
I will post the list later.

As for engine/transmission - no, nothing is being changed there.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by jsrd
atx25rs,
Good to hear about it. If finally I'm going to Laredo, I'll send an e-mail to see if you get a chance to check my Out, so as I bring my LExia tool.
Saludos. . .
definately shoot me a pm or email.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by atx25rs
definately shoot me a pm or email.
Great ! ! ! I'll in touch.

Gracias

Old 11-03-2011, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by nesser

Nesser, you don't need the dealer to program the "unlock all doors" feature for you. In fact I just did mine myself a couple weeks ago. All you need is your keyfob. It actually tells you how to do it in your owners manual. Unfortunately it is written in very poor english and is difficult to understand. This guy made a video on how to do it (quite helpful for me):
2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Fobb Control - YouTube
The video says it is for a Lancer Ralliart but I believe it works the same for all models of Mitsubishi with FAST key.

I'm not sure about your transmission mappings though. They don't have them in my 5-speed Lancer Maybe they are written somewhere in the cryptic owners manual too?

Old 11-14-2011, 10:35 AM

I just put on my winter tires on Sunday and now have the TPMS warning as expected.

Vadimus, I PM'd you to see about meeting up and trying out the Lexia to disable it.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:00 PM

I'm trying to get some DRLs working with my 2011 ASX (Euro name for Outlander Sport/RVR).

I've so far managed to enable the function (as its disabled by default) which now means that when there are NO lights on the DRLs are turned on but as soon as you turn on any lights they turn off.
There is a settings for the type of DRLs which have set to Independant - the other settings either enable the low beam as DRLs or do nothing.

Anyone know if its possible to enable the DRLs so that they are always on? i.e. do not turn off when you turn on the lights.

Old 11-14-2011, 02:05 PM

I have DRLs on all the time.
I will have a look and post my settings.

BTW Yellowish incadecent bulbs look a bit ugly when lit next to much whiter HID lights, so I ordered Cree-based 1156 bulbs.

Old 11-15-2011, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by Vadimus
I have DRLs on all the time.
I will have a look and post my settings..
Thanks - would be interesting to see what settings you have to get them powered all the time.

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization