Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

ETACS options customization

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider10022
Is it possible to make the key fob function while the car is running?

Currently: With the vehicle on, key in my pocket, and the doors locked, if I exit the drivers seat & walk to rear liftgate the liftgate will NOT function. Even if I remove the fob from my pocket and push the unlock button, nothing works.

The ONLY way to unlock the vehicle while it's running is to physically walk to a front door, and press the "unlock" button on the doors armrest.

I'd REALLY like to change this.
Same here. I'll let you know if I find a way to disable this really stupid feature.

Old 11-03-2013, 05:30 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by Vadimus
Yes, it is possible. Though I haven't seen a car where it is not enabled.
Two options - with driver's door and with driver's/passenger's doors.
Able use diagbox to disable it?

Old 11-03-2013, 07:13 PM

Same here. I'll let you know if I find a way to disable this really stupid feature.
Awesome, thank you. That's one of the little things that I just cannot believe Mitsubishi did.

Some of the others being:
  • The arrows on the steering wheel "scan" instead of change your presets (who the hell scans the radio these days?!)
  • The giant "D" on the LCD screen instead of displaying your speed
  • Passenger interior door handle doesn't work if the door is locked. You have to press the button in order to get out (IMO, that's a huge safety hazard - if a passenger is frantic & trying to escape a burning or sinking car, the handle should friggin work)
  • No way to make the RDS automatically display the song title/info (w/o going into the ETACS ECU)
  • No way to transition from remote starter to key fob w/o the engine shutting off & being restarted.

Those are some MAJOR annoyances in my daily use of the vehicle, and all of them could have EASILY been addressed by Mitsubishi.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by whis
Able use diagbox to disable it?
Yep.

Sorry, too lazy to go to my car now to run Diagbox, but anyway:

Old 11-04-2013, 06:20 AM

Hi,

I'm helping people who do not have the PSA here in Brazil and I'm programming the expensive staff our forum.

I have a question because in my car (Lancer) came with the lock button and unlock the doors (manually). Models 2011 and 2012 did not come with this button and the locking and unlocking latch itself was made ​​by the driver.

When was the setting for the lock unlock 20km/he in P, this function was lost and the door can no longer be opened manually by the driver (only if put in P).

How do I reactivate this function and maintain self-locking?

See the button in my car. The 2011 and 2012 Lancers dont have this button.

Last edited by Cleber; 11-04-2013 at 06:43 AM.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:04 AM

Yep.

Sorry, too lazy to go to my car now to run Diagbox, but anyway:

Hi Vadimus, anyway to get the ETACS decoder? wanna disable mine

Old 11-04-2013, 10:13 PM

Wait for an updated version.

Finally got DB update with support for 2014 Outlander and better support for 2013+ Lancers.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:44 PM

Finally got DB update with support for 2014 Outlander and better support for 2013+ Lancers.
Ok Thank you.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Smile

Can you tell me where is the function in diagbox for disable the key reminder unlock, no need print screen is it in repair?

Old 11-07-2013, 09:49 PM

Vadimus do I understand that ETACS decoder is now compatible with the 2014 Outlander? I bought the Lexia a while back, but work has prevented the time to play with it.

Quick Reply: ETACS options customization