Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Falken tires on Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015 | 12:32 PM
|
Default Falken tires on Outlander

I have just ordered a set of these: Falken ZIEX ZE950 A/S

I know some of you have had this tire - or its precedessor (which didn't last long) - and would love to hear your experience. This tire is supposed to be technologically advanced, and much better than the old one.

I did a lot of comparing with other tires, and reviews - and this one was the only one that most, if not all, people liked. I saw them in person - but not in my size - so I was able to see the tread - I was surprised at how shallow the tread seems - but it's said to perform well under all conditions, including snow.

I'm curious to hear any input you might have. I am buying them from Pep Boys, and they will allow me to change them if I don't like them, within 30 days. They are due to arrive next week.

Thanks in advance!

Old 12-30-2015 | 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by The Silent Seed
I have just ordered a set of these: Falken ZIEX ZE950 A/S

I know some of you have had this tire - or its precedessor (which didn't last long) - and would love to hear your experience. This tire is supposed to be technologically advanced, and much better than the old one.

I did a lot of comparing with other tires, and reviews - and this one was the only one that most, if not all, people liked. I saw them in person - but not in my size - so I was able to see the tread - I was surprised at how shallow the tread seems - but it's said to perform well under all conditions, including snow.

I'm curious to hear any input you might have. I am buying them from Pep Boys, and they will allow me to change them if I don't like them, within 30 days. They are due to arrive next week.

Thanks in advance!

IMHO you could do alot better than these ....I assume you are in a warmer weather state/province...so Winter may not be a factor..In that case I'm sure the Falken will be fine tires for your needs..as would any name brand. Never been a big fan of Falken...although they do make some decent Performance Tires...my friend has them on his Corvette..and loves them..

As far as SUV and LT tires go....I've used Bridgestone Dueler...Cooper Discoverer..and General with excellent results in pretty much all conditions....best of luck..let us know how you like them...Cheers!

Old 12-30-2015 | 06:56 PM
|

I actually live in the Northeast, where we get loads of snow - Yes, I wanted a tire that would do well in snow - and I was led to believe these would be fine in snow based on ratings, and reviews - but it was more important for me that the tires be a quality tire that doesn't eat gas, and grips the road in all conditions.

I would not use these for off roading type situations of course, but as long as it gets me out of snowbanks, etc, I'm happy.

Why are you personally not a fan?