Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2015 Outlander sport AWD brake rotors grooves

Old 12-31-2015, 09:07 PM
Default 2015 Outlander sport AWD brake rotors grooves

Have this car for 6 months, in month 3 with 1850 miles only,great car- suv
I noticed on front left wheel brake rotor a deep groove, so i took to dealer, he kind of shruged it off others have happen too, is no safety issue etc. I had may new vehicles but not this ,only 1 wheel shows.
i waited few weeks then 1/4 inch above it another one grove not so deep but visible these are about half from botom, then another month another one so i called Mitshu CS ,they opened a claim and few days later a claim mngr called me, and said go see regional mngr will be on this and this time by dealership so i went there, he also just shrugged me off that is nothing to vory about,and he not going tho replace it cause no safety issue, then few week later i called the claim mngr at Mithsu, now he annoyed me 4 days later called me back,he said i should take it to dealer again and they should call him ,i did, and he ordered the wheel first time to take it off open caliper and take few pictures and to send to him or the reg.mngr and i will hear from them soon, 12 days past i dint hear from no one and i called the dealer if they heard from anyone of them, after 2 days serv mngr calls today last day of year, that the reg. mngr will not do anything to the rotor brakes. So here i am. New vehicle ,new dealer for me crapy service also he told me after he closed back the wheel ,that he was told he could charge [$20] but he will not, since was just before Xmas i gave him $20 he gave it to mechanic he thank me for it...
I read about NCSD Dispupte resolution which is in the package in glove compartment of the car ,so i reading about it, its a arbitration basically.
My question to anyone ,it is worth it to file a claim with them? i do have only bunch of pictures from the beginning of the problem with progressive add on of groves, doyou think i have a chance against the Mitshu company, to replace rotor -pads?
and now the car have 3400 mailes and probably the both wheels going to need at least new pads and 1 rotor in question.
Thanks for input .

Old 01-01-2016, 02:19 PM

Take it to ANOTHER Dealer if possible....there is no way you should be grooving rotors on a new vehicle...its either something dragging or just a defective part(s)///.....Keep pushing them...and dont give up..!!..

Best of Luck.

Old 01-01-2016, 09:36 PM

Thanks lancerguy2013, but the regional manager see the car and case manager form Mitsu talked to dealer,if i take it to another dealer ,yes i have few here 24-40
miles away ,they have to get authorization from Mitshu ,and they know about me and car already. Why not go for arbitration rather, its a third party neutral ,right?.

Old 01-01-2016, 11:01 PM

Yes I suppose that is right...As long as they fix it...Best of Luck..let us know how it works out. Cheers!!!