Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Fan Noise with A/C on

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Default Fan Noise with A/C on

Hi , I bought an 2007 Outlander one week ago and I have a doubt for the FAN for the A/C.

When I have the A/C on,and you are at idle, the fan keeps going on and off.
This happens in a period of 10 seconds on and about 30 seconds off.

With open windows you can hear the fans very loud each time they get on.

Is this normall ?

Old 06-15-2007, 06:28 PM
Default RE: Fan Noise with A/C on

I recently purchased a 2006 outlander and have the same problem, the fan does not go on as often if you press the recirculate air button on the dashboard. Recently I received a bulletin from Mitsubishi to replace this fan, it is not as loud with the new fan. Apparently it is normal with this vehicle.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:07 PM

It's normal. That's the way A/C systems work. read my post HERE , top of page 2 for an explanation of A/C operation and why the fan cycles.

Old 06-16-2007, 08:30 AM

Totally normal. Sounds like a leaf blower was installed under your hood but that is why you have ice cold AC even when your stopped. You also get cold air way faster than any other car I have driven in.

Old 02-20-2010, 08:37 AM

So its perfectly normal to hear an airplane's engine sound under your hood?

I recently purchased an 07 outlander 3.0 engine. Ive never owned or have driven a mitsubishi before and I noticed that the blower is much more noisier, when a/c is on, than of my previous vehicles.

But just last night I went to my friend's place to have it assessed it was quiet all the time!

This morning it went its still quiet. but then tonight I heard it again! Is there a sensor that sense the temperature of the engine to let the blower work faster? I can feel the air blower beside the engine is much more faster and its noisy.

I asked my service advisor and he said its normal for Outlanders to have a loud blower. Is that so?

Old 02-20-2010, 11:24 AM

I live in Phoenix, Arizona where summer temps can easily reach 110 degrees F. Yes, the blower fan on my ES model is noisy, but the up side is the Outlander has the best (coldest) A/C of any vehicle I've owned in my 25 years of living here. The vehicle cools off very quickly when its been sitting in the sun, and even at stop lights it continues to blow very cold air.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by azjake
I live in Phoenix, Arizona where summer temps can easily reach 110 degrees F. Yes, the blower fan on my ES model is noisy, but the up side is the Outlander has the best (coldest) A/C of any vehicle I've owned in my 25 years of living here. The vehicle cools off very quickly when its been sitting in the sun, and even at stop lights it continues to blow very cold air.
Thanks for the reply. Now that im assured and at ease that its not only me that has a noisy blower.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:27 PM
Default 2 fans.......

My 2007 is the same way, when you choose MAX a/c, the second fan cycles for added airflow over the evaporator coil to help with the a/c cooling off faster. If the 1st fan for engine cooling is running as well it will get noisy, but it is not bad at all inside the car. I wish my montero's a/c was a cold though.
Rob

Old 02-20-2010, 05:21 PM
Default 2 fans?

You mean 2 fans are running? even on the first notch or the lowest setting? I get noise all the time when on stop. Im not sure though if its as loud as when the car is in motion or is it quiet?

Old 03-12-2010, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Obakemono
My 2007 is the same way, when you choose MAX a/c, the second fan cycles for added airflow over the evaporator coil to help with the a/c cooling off faster. If the 1st fan for engine cooling is running as well it will get noisy, but it is not bad at all inside the car. I wish my montero's a/c was a cold though.
Rob
I just realized what you said just now when I didnt put the a/c on the coldest, one notch up. And guess what? the noise is gone

Quick Reply: Fan Noise with A/C on