Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

FAST Key Dead

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Default FAST Key Dead

One of my FAST keys for my 2007 OL is dead. The other still works. Changed the battery and still no luck. Even went as far as measuring the voltage on the new battery with my multi tester to make sure it was not defective. The key's little LED does not light up so this is not a case of the key needing to be reprogrammed. This happen to anybody else? Will this be covered by my warranty? BTW. getting warranty work done is now a major issue for me since my dealer dropped the brand and another local dealer shut down. I now have to travel out of state to get this car fixed.

Old 01-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Default RE: FAST Key Dead

ive never said this before, but if you have to drive a huge distance to get to a dealership, id sell the vehicle and buy another make.

as far as your problem is concerned, i wonder if the sensor for the button is defective. i dont imagine they repair these things, just toss em and give you a new one. and ill be it has a 12 month warranty on it. better get a chunk of change ready.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:15 AM

there is a TSB on the 2007 kos transmitters and the they are covered for 5years 60,000 miles.

where are you from?

Old 01-15-2009, 09:49 AM

I am from Farfield County Ct. (50 min drive to Midtown Manhattan). Within the past 3 months,

- White Plains NY Mitsubishi converted to Mazda
- Yonkers NY Mitisubishi closed down
- Key Autogroup in Milford Ct (where I purchased car) dropped Mitsubishi last week.

Within 2-3 years Greenwhich and Shelton Ct Missubishi dealers have folded. So maybe having 5 dealerships within a 50 mile radius was overkill to begin with, but now we are down to 1!

I called LsSora Mitsubishi in the Bronx NY for an appointment and the rep told me that the key is covered unless I did something like dropping it in in a vat of cement.

IIRC the kos TSB had a fixed number of VINs that were affected. My car was not on that list.

The ever shrinking dealer network has me concerned and yes, I have now considering trading the car for a brand with a more robust dealer network. Who knows where all of this is going with the economy the way it is.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:58 PM

Yes the FAST fob will be covered under the warranty as long as there is no damage to it.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:23 PM

It sounds like you are in the Tri State area of NY which has what 16-18 million people? I find it strange that so many mitsu dealers have folded there.

I know sales are slow everywhere, but maybe some of the dealerships hadmis-management problems. Bill Heard Chevrolethad 18 Chevy dealerships in the US, including 1 in Phoenix,andall 18 closed after they filed for bankruptcy. An obvious case of more than just slow sales there. Here in Phoenix which has about 4 million people in the metro area we have 5 mitsu dealers whick knock on wood are still all in business. The dealer I bought my outtie from is 6 miles away and the next closest is 10 miles away. The other 3 are probably 25-35 miles away.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:28 PM

i

Old 01-16-2009, 09:14 AM

Yup, I'm in the NYC tri-state area. There are still a bunch of Mitsu dealerships on Long Island and in New Jersey, but bot would require a bridge crossing to get to and they are further away than the Bronx Mitu dealership. The Bronx Mitsu dealership service rep told me they are busy as heck due to the fact that 2 dealerships closed within the past 3 months.

I had a conversation with a person from the dealership I purchased my car and they told me they tried working with Mitsu to allow them to sell their cars in the same shworoom as
the Hyundai dealership they owned across the road. It did not work out because neither Hyundai or Mitsui likes that sort of co-selling under the same roof. I think with the economy as bad as it is, you would think the manufactures would do anything to keep these dealerships alive, even if it means combining competing brands under the same roof.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:51 PM

I have a 2008 Outlander, the second key also stopped working (still new and without much use). I changed the battery and it took a while for it to kick in, it seems to be working fine now...

Old 01-19-2009, 09:28 AM

Can you define "a while"

thxs
J

Quick Reply: FAST Key Dead