Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

FAST key reception

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Default FAST key reception

Hey all

I have the FAST key, and does anyone have a problem with the car recognizing it when you try to open up the door? It normally only happens when I am wearing shorts, and the FAST key is in my pocket. When I am wearing pants or jeans, the car senses the FAST key and it opens up just fine. Any ideas on solutions?? Thanks!!

Mitchell

Old 07-02-2007, 01:31 PM
Default RE: FAST key reception

I had the same issue until I figured out the problemhad more to do with which pocket I kept my fast key in (rather than material) since I pretty much open the doors consistently the same way. Now I always keep it in my right front pants pocket and I have no issues regardless of what I am wearing. Thedoor sensors are all in a fixed location so if you change pockets and don't change change the position of your body to compensate, the distances to the sensors change. That's my experience, YMMV.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:10 PM

I do keep it in my right front pocket. How tall are you? I was thinking maybe the sensor was just like inches too high because my shorts pockets are deeper than my jeans. I'm like 5'9" by the way. Don't know what that is in cm. lol

Old 07-02-2007, 02:21 PM

I'm 5'10 or 178cm. I know if I put my fast key higher (say in jacket pocket) I have all kinds of problems.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:51 PM

The only problem I have come across with the fast key so far is when its in the same pocket as my cell phone. I never had a problem with jeans, shorts, jackets, it just doesnt matter what I have on. The key just cant be near my cell phone or out of the 18 or 24 inch reach (correct me if im wrong).Maybe being taller and having longer arms your reaching pass the distance the key can handle?

Old 07-02-2007, 09:09 PM

ditto on same pocket with cell phone. Nissan is recalling theirversion of the Fast Key for cell phones disabling the key

Old 07-02-2007, 11:48 PM

Well I do keep them in the same pocket so my house keys don't scratch up my FAST key or my cell phone. I'll try to keep them in separate pockets and see what happens and report in. Thanks!!

Old 07-03-2007, 10:12 AM

Dohh - forgot cell phone proximity is the real issue!

Old 07-03-2007, 02:27 PM

My FAST key do not work when my cellphone is close to it.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:12 AM

Check your battery. A few early FAST fobs were being prematurely drained due to a production issue.
Even if yours is not affected by the production issue, the battery isnt that strong. I predict replacement every year or 2 judging by what Ive experienced already.

Quick Reply: FAST key reception