Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Flat fold front seats (any good)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 02:23 PM
Default Flat fold front seats (any good)

I will finally put the flat fold option to the test this week end. I have a 24hr dutyat thebase on Saturday and I plan on napping through out my breacks. Has any one tried the flat fold front seats to take a nap, is it any good, confy or not?
*edit* or is better to just fold the second row, and throw in some sheets and sleep there?

Old 07-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Default RE: Flat fold front seats (any good)

I'd say, fold the 2nd row seats and throw in some comfy airbed and soft sheets. Just be careful though you don't wake up in heaven :-) I've heard a lot of stories bout people sleeping inside closed vehicles and never wake up. I've been napping in my Outie almost as soon as I got it, back in the day when I was ripping Kenny G albums into the Music Server :-) The fold down front seats are actually OK but I imagine having an airbed/soft mattress pad in the cargo bay is better. The window deflectors are a big help as I can slide down the windows and allow outside air circulation without necessarily allowing rain (or bird poop) into the cabin.

Old 07-25-2007, 04:27 PM

LOL, I see what you mean about "waking up in heaven" no worries here, I dont think there are many serial killers going around inside a military base. I think I will do just that, fold the second row and crash in the back.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:09 PM

lol I think he meant not enough air. However if you put the vents on fresh air before you turn the car off they should stay open and allow air exchangeeven with the windows rolled up.

Id sleep on the floor in the back before I tried sleeping in the seats, but then stretching out may be impossible. I really wish the seats came out without performing surgery on the thing.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:24 PM

The front seats fold flat??!!

News to me. Time to bust out the huge manual.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:36 PM

I tried the fold down seats and they were OK. I doubt I could really sleep on them, but I'm a pretty light sleeper. I could pretty much fit, with a little elevated head/pillow - and I'm 6'4". No way I could fit lying down in the cargo area though.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:54 PM

I sleep like a rock. I could sleep in the driver seat with it slightly leaning back. Maybe you could do that idea of folding up the second row seats and throw in a nice blanket and lay on that. It should provide enough confort for a quick nap. Plus if you have the tinted rear windows no one will watch you sleep.....perverts.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:13 AM

LOL, gotcha about the air circulation, I'll make sure to have some windows cracked open.