Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Foglamps problem - new owner of 2008 outie XLS

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Default RE: Foglamps problem - new owner of 2008 outie XLS

The running light is on, turn to low beam and now you can turn the fog light on (you'll see a green symbol on your dash ).The fog light is NOT working together with the high beam light.( canadian XLS )
The XENON HID 8000K cost $400.00 installedonly for low beam ( just got the info. today )I think a little bit too much.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:37 PM

ORIGINAL: kacsa

The running light is on, turn to low beam and now you can turn the fog light on (you'll see a green symbol on your dash ).The fog light is NOT working together with the high beam light.( canadian XLS )
The XENON HID 8000K cost $400.00 installedonly for low beam ( just got the info. today )I think a little bit too much.
Did you get the price of the HID from the dealer?
I also have the Canadian XLS, if you try turning on your fog lamp with your highbeam, the light automaticly switchs back into low and turn on the fog.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:32 PM

ShortyRider
I thought yours is canadian because you r in toronto
so the price is not at the dealer, just a store in hamilton and they will install it too.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:37 PM

hey ShortyRider
where do you work???????????

Old 01-11-2008, 11:41 PM

sorry my mistake ShortyRider

Old 01-12-2008, 11:06 AM

Ahhhh, Hamilton. I drive my brother here every month from Toronto, because he goes to school there. From Toronto to Hamilton, going and back will take me a good 3/4 tank of gas...lol

What do you mean where I work, lol???

You from Hamilton, kacsa?

Old 01-12-2008, 11:11 AM

ShortyRider
Yes I am inHamilton. I mixed your name with someone else at Mitsu. dealer.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Malu

Fun thing is, I can turn on my fog lights with my HIDs on, but if the police stop me I get a fine

SinceI appearantly can turn on HIDs and fog lights, it should be possible to reprogram the software in the car to leave the DRLs on even if the HIDs are lit.
EXACTLY!!!! I/us/we need to figure this mod out. If its available on other region Outties, then its possible to do the mod.
That sucks you'll get pulled over with the lows and fogs on at the same time. Thats weird?Like I said earlier, in the US you can have up to 4 total lights on at a time. So like lows & fogs, or lows & highs. Doesnt matter what lights, just a total of 4 lights.

kacsa, I dont know where you are getting your info, but the stock HID's are 4300k and are around $410 on online OEM stores. That doesnt include installation (which can be done without dealer). IF you buy from the dealer you'll look at around $800 per headlamp.

Old 01-14-2008, 07:12 AM

ORIGINAL: tdford

ORIGINAL: Malu

Fun thing is, I can turn on my fog lights with my HIDs on, but if the police stop me I get a fine

SinceI appearantly can turn on HIDs and fog lights, it should be possible to reprogram the software in the car to leave the DRLs on even if the HIDs are lit.
EXACTLY!!!! I/us/we need to figure this mod out. If its available on other region Outties, then its possible to do the mod.
That sucks you'll get pulled over with the lows and fogs on at the same time. Thats weird?Like I said earlier, in the US you can have up to 4 total lights on at a time. So like lows & fogs, or lows & highs. Doesnt matter what lights, just a total of 4 lights.

kacsa, I dont know where you are getting your info, but the stock HID's are 4300k and are around $410 on online OEM stores. That doesnt include installation (which can be done without dealer). IF you buy from the dealer you'll look at around $800 per headlamp.
Do you have the link to the OEM store your talking about to get the HID?

Old 01-14-2008, 09:21 AM

roach
the Xenon HID not at dealer,justthe balances, brakets, bulbs and the harneses. I don't know this worth or not.

Quick Reply: Foglamps problem - new owner of 2008 outie XLS