Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Frustrated at engineers

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 01:02 AM
Default RE: Frustrated at engineers

What I would really find convenient is a 2-3 memories feature for the drivers electric seat & ext. mirrors, have to constantly adjust them, after my wife, sons take the car... but this feature belongs only to vehicles way up pricewise

Old 10-06-2008, 09:07 AM

I totally agree on the washer fluid indicator, on some days I could run out in about 2 hours, so even when you filled up in the morning you could still run out before the next morning.
Auto light I don't care about! As for the Key-less ignition, before I got it, I thought it was a waste of money, having had it for over a year, I don't think that I would ever buy a car without it. I find that digging in my pockets for my keys much more annoyingthan turning the **** for the lights.

Old 10-06-2008, 04:28 PM

chenarm, Dude where the heck are you driving that you run out of washer fluid daily. I hopeU R just taking a jab at us and trying to be funny!

Manybrews, most all of us "function" in modern society just fine. Since auto headlights are such a waist, and using your own reasoning, then I suppose other modern conviences like power windows and power locks should have been skipped as well!

dodo2, that is exactly what I was talking about on the paddle shifters. Yes they are cool as heck, but how many things could they have added that have a broader appeal in place of these.

And finally, toall, since I am to lazy to turn on my own lights, I have decided to sale my Outlander and ask the Feds to bale me out for my poor decision. I'm guessing $700,000,000,000 (that's $700 Billion for those live in the south) should just about cover it.[8D]

Old 10-06-2008, 05:00 PM

windshield washer indicator is super useful for us in the cold climate. i ran trough a full tank of it in 2 days once because of slushy road condition.
you can't just turn on the wipers without fluid in these condition unless you want the dirty slush to smear all over your windshield.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:05 AM

I drove from Montreal to Ottawa once (120Miles) and used up a complete tank, on some winter days, the roads stays moist enough that the cars lift droplets of dirty water, these dorps dry almost instantly on your windsheild and force you to use winsheild washer throughout the trip. Around here on some mornings the traffic reporters on the radio remind people to fill up there windsheild washer fluid. If you run out at a bad time, it could take about 10-15 secondes and you are almost driving blind.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:51 AM

I had many similar experiences like the ones described by Chenarm and Elisha. The washer fluid is aSAFETY item in winter driving (where I live anyway - Canadaland). Having a CHEAP indicator to let you know you are running out of washer fluidshould be STANDARD onANYcar in North America.
For those denying the importance of this little item, let me ask you this: how would you like to drive a car without a low fuel indicator? Pretty similar functionality if you ask me and the car would run just fine without it. More so, for the fuel, you have means to determine when to refill proactively while driving the car, but with the washerfluid you have none.
Mitsu chose for some reasons not to put one in the car, but this was a bad decision and it shouldn't be blindly defended.
I still like my Outlander … sic!….

Old 10-07-2008, 01:27 PM

dodo2, you have convinced me. I will now begin campaigning for the addition of a low washer fluid light. However, I want to clear something up before the lashings begin from manybrews.The absence of a low fuel indicator is not quite the same thing as not having a washer fluid light.I hopeyou are talking about driving a car with out a low fuel light AND nofuel gauge. Either one alerts you to low fuel, but having neither leads to long walks carrying a gas can. These two scenarios are hardly the same, BUT I'm still pulling for this new idot light, just as soon as I get my auto-headlights and air vents for the rear seats!

Old 10-07-2008, 01:55 PM

ORIGINAL: yinglingj

...just as soon as I get my auto-headlights and air vents for the rear seats!
the airvents for rear seats are underneath front seats; and I believe that AUTOlight is possible, but it is required to replace the actual stalk by stalk with function AUTOlight, to have the light sensor, and to possibly, make a reprogramming to the ETACS. . .

Old 10-07-2008, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: jsrd

I believe that AUTOlight is possible, but it is required to replace the actual stalk by stalk with function AUTOlight, to have the light sensor, and to possibly, make a reprogramming to the ETACS. . .
It's possible to drop360 HEMI, in the rear cargo hold and put 350 H.P. to the rear wheels, but not very practical or worth the effort. I'm talking about something that is already there and just happens when I need it to. What exactly is an Extra Teresstrial Air Conditioning Stabilizer (ETACS)? By the way you lost me somewhere btween "I believe" and "possible". the rest of it may as well have been in Arabic.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:19 PM

ORIGINAL: jsrd

ORIGINAL: yinglingj

...just as soon as I get my auto-headlights and air vents for the rear seats!
the airvents for rear seats are underneath front seats; and I believe that AUTOlight is possible, but it is required to replace the actual stalk by stalk with function AUTOlight, to have the light sensor, and to possibly, make a reprogramming to the ETACS. . .
Right on. I too believe that the auto lights should be possible since they were available on other markets from 2007. This makes me lead to believe that the wiring should be there. The North American XLS model has a photo sensor usedby HVAC system according to the manual. The sensor can be ordered for about $40-$50 CAD. I'm not sure if the socket is there on the non-XLS models. The stalk is also available as an accessoryfrom Japan which tells me again that themod is doable.
However, nobody skilled/informed enough (e.g. Mitsu tech) cameforward to say for sure if there is anything else required and if that's possible.
I would be willing to spend the $200 to buy the sensor and the stalk if I would know it would work.

Quick Reply: Frustrated at engineers