Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Gas mileage????

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Default RE: Gas mileage????

You need to keep in mind that fuel efficiency is relative to where you live. most people from Canada on this forum went from a more fuel efficient car to the Outlander, and I assume that most people from the US went from a Larger SUV to the Outlander!

Old 01-15-2009, 01:53 PM

Well since your not talking mpg I'm not going to say much except that the Outlander is NOT a gas guzzler. I can say that I'm happy with my mileage.

Old 01-15-2009, 05:39 PM

To echo what tdford had said, I can't call the Outlander a gas guzzler. I think I'm on my fifth or sixth tank of fuel and it looks like it's improving a little with break-in. Most of my driving is sort of rural, roads with speed limits of 40 mph or so, but lots of stop-and-go on my commute. The weather has been fairly cold for this area - usually 10-15 degrees F (-12 to -9 C)in the mornings. I also have been running a mix of 2WD/4WD/4WD lock. For these conditions it has been pretty consistently 20 mpg (or 11.8 L / 100 km). I expect a little better in the Summer.

I will say that I was a little surprised at my mileage on the one long highway trip I took. Maybe it was because it was very hilly, or maybe it was the cruise control kicking in aggressively, but I got about the same mileage on the highway as I mentioned above.

By the way, we probably could all get a lot more out of these threads if we converted our fuel mileages for the other side of the border or the pond. Here is a good site for doing it quickly:

http://www.onlineconversion.com/fuel_consumption.htm

Old 01-15-2009, 07:45 PM

I did 110KM highway run, and put on the calculating for gas mileage.
I got 10.9 L/100 KMs. Thats pretty good. Thats what I have been getting for highways.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:29 PM

I have 4600 miles on my 08 4 CYL ES. I get 21-22 mpg in the city and on thethree 500 mile trips I've taken I gotten about 27 mpg driving between 65-70 mph. Sorry I'm not sure what this translates into forCanadian mileage.

Old 01-15-2009, 11:04 PM

if you think the outlander is a gas guzzler you are out of your mind. this is an SUV with 4wd option. it has a decent body weight and it has a V6 engine. the gas mileage is amazing. its only a bit worse then my Lancer was. and the lancer has a 4cyl. compare this to similar vehicles like the Ford Escape or the Dodge Nitro. it kicks their *** when it comes to fuel consumption. Mitsu has done VERY good at making this vehicle a bargain.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:44 AM

I cant be arsed to talk in KM so I'll tell you that when driving on a long journey I consistently get at least 27MPG. On ocassions I get to 29.5MPG and rarely even bust the 30MPG mark. In the city its different, I average about 20-23MPG.

In real terms I can do 270miles on half a tank (the distance between LA area and Las Vegas).
Am I happy with my MPG?? Heck Yea!!!!!!

Old 01-16-2009, 05:53 AM

Ok, this morning the weather is really cold -34 degree here in Quebec, the Outie was freeze up in the driveway, leather seat is good but at this cold for the first 5 minute OH LALALA!
In the winter time every time the digital gas indicator goes down of one bar, I usually make 35 Km in city driving and in the summer I can say 50 KM for every digital sign. Ok I got a go heat up my self before work, have a nice day.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:54 AM

I just filled up my gas tank again yesterday. So for my last tank of gas I averaged 15.8192 L/100km (14.86637mpg). I've got 1082km on my Outie so far, and it is a V6, obviously.

Again this is all city driving in rush hour with quite a few hills (yay Vancouver!). This is obviously a far cry away from good gas mileage, and I'd even say it's in or approaching the gas guzzler range.

Where's the 12.4L/100km city driving that's advertised?

Old 01-16-2009, 08:51 PM

Tareks, your absolutly right where's the 12,3L that Mitsu promise me???? It was the number one VUS in Quebec in the car book and economical VUS.....I can't imagine the other one that did not won the contest!!!! GAS GUZZLER IS THE RIGHT WORD......

Quick Reply: Gas mileage????