Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Getting behind the dash of Outlander MY13

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 11:26 AM
HNK
Default Getting behind the dash of Outlander MY13

Some time back - in January 2013 - I ordered a new Outlander PHEV. After nearly a year of patience and waiting for the Japanese to solve the problems with the batteries, it is finally delivered to me now. At that time I ordered the Outlander, the accessory and option catalog was not yet available. Now you can order beatifull extra's like interior lights (bleu leds) under the dash, rear camera, etc.
Since I had these nice extra's installed "after the fact" on my previous Outlander, I like to do the same on this one. The problem I am facing is how to get behnd the dash?
In my old Outlander you removed the vent openings and the rest was easily dismantled by removing some screws. Has anyone an idea on the first piece of the puzzle that I should remove to dismantle the dash on the new Outlander?
And how to remove it?

Attached Thumbnails Getting behind the dash of Outlander MY13-mitsubishi-outlander-dashboard.jpg  
Old 12-29-2013, 12:01 PM

I've only done the 2010's and it was just popping the vents out..
I can't seem to find anything online about the newer ones though... You might be able to dig up a service manual that will say for sure if you don't get an answer here.

It looks like that whole shiny black shebang pops out though... See if you can find an edge and give it a little pull (reasonable pressure but not too hard as to break it)..It will either pop out or resist... If it pops out with a little pull keep going along the edges if it seems like it's caught on something leave it be and wait for a proper answer.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:19 PM

I have a 2014MY service manual, will have a look at it.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:43 AM
HNK

Hello Guys, Thank you Guyfromhe and Vadimus for you quick replies. I tried Guyfromhe's suggestion, but while carefully priming behind the shiny black front, I did not dare to put too much force on the panel, so no success till now.
I think I'll wait if Vadimus can find anything in the 2014MY Service Manual. By the way, has oneone an idea how to get such a manual?
For my previous (MY2008) Outlander I managed to find one in a second hand bookshop some years ago. It helped me many times to get small things fixed.
For now: please have a nice evening today and all the best wishes for the new year.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:26 AM

Sometimes you can find them online, sometimes you can buy a new/used copy on eBay... You could talk to your dealership service dept, they might tell you over the phone how it comes off.

Old 12-31-2013, 01:56 PM

if you like your dealership, they can even print you the pages off their service manual.....only a matter of time until it is available online

Old 01-01-2014, 08:41 AM
Old 01-06-2014, 05:43 AM
HNK

Thanks madmax,
Just looking at it, I think it will certainly help me to find out how to disassamble the dash. Due to some busy times in the business, I don't think I can try prying the dash panels off in the next few weeks. But as soom as I get behind the dash, I will tell you here how I got there.