Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Glove Box cooler/heater switch

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by greatcat
here is their email from the website:

?

I just want to clarify that I have nothing to do with them, but as my own experience and the discussions on the Chinese Forums, this guy seems honest to deal with.
Thank's greatcat, I have already written an email to request info

Old 09-02-2011, 03:00 AM

if you are using 1/2 inch hose you will not have enought air flow just if you keep the vents OFF. right now in my car using the kitchen sink pipe and closing the vents, there is a wistleing sound from the air flow. It does pump air in the glove box even if I have all the vents open.

Looks like the last post is using 1inch flex pipe wich makes big difference from 1/2 inch

Old 11-21-2018, 05:04 PM

Acquired and retro-fitted / installed these parts 18NOV2018 on 2011 ZH Outlander LS trim.

Part numbers
* Vent **** 8042A013 may be superseded by 8042A074
* Hose 7830A084

Cost AUD$35.00 or so. Philip Mitusbishi in Canberra were extremely helpful in finding these parts for me (my VIN number tells their computers my ZH is not fitted with and will not give the part numbers that way)

Installation;
*Remove lower glove box to allow access from underneath aircon vent
*Remove radio and centre dash panel - to allow access to chiller outlet
*Remove the "mushroom" top of the chiller outlet. This is beside the central vent pipe closest to the glovebox, at the rear and above the metal piping. It is not screw off or pop off it must be cut off. Use a stiff sharp blade about 10-15 cm or 4-6 inches, get blade as close to "mushroom" as possible to allow a decent length of outlet to put hose on - see GreatCat's 8th and 9th pictures above
*Remove blanking plate from wall of upper glove box - sharp knife following the slant of the blanking plate to cut out the retaining bits
*Install hose onto outlet - small hands an advantage here - be careful not to "fold" the outlet or the hose. I tried to clamp it on with a cable tie, but ended up not using anything. Maybe a little glue might help.
*Bring hose through the glove box wall and attach to ****
*Fit **** into glove box wall ("snaps" in, so be careful not to break any tabs). at this stage the hose might pop off the outlet at the back, so check it stays attached.