Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Going to look at '08 XLS 2wd tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 01:56 PM
Default Going to look at '08 XLS 2wd tomorrow.

Hi,

I am in the market for an '08 Outlander. Tomorrow I am going to look at a base package XLS 2wd, my preference would have been with the Sun/Sound & Luxury package, but I can't find one. Do any of you have the base package XLS? Are you happy with the base model? I currently have a 05 Pathfinder, the lease is up so I need a new SUV.

Thanks!
Emil

Old 12-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Default RE: Going to look at '08 XLS 2wd tomorrow.

I've got an 08 XLS 2wd w/navi and tech package, no S&S or luxury and I'm very happy.I've had it about 6 weeks and put 3000 miles on it and do enjoy it. Love the nav and the bluetooth. I traded in a 03 Montero Sport 4x4, but never used the 4x4,so I didn't bother with the 4x4 Outlander as snow and ice have not been very common here in Hickory, NC in a while.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:05 PM

I have an "unloaded" XLS 4x4 - I love it. You can't really say "Base" XLS - the base would be an ES or LS. Most of the good stuff is right in there with a "stock" XLS - bluetooth, paddle shifters, smart key, fog lights, big wheels, better trim, etc etc.

Would've been nice to have the MMCS system - not for the Nav, just for the gadgetary, but of the other upgrade options, the subwoofer I can definately live without, lack of sunroof doesn't concern me, leather seats would've been nice but the cloth seats in the XLS are pretty smart anyway.

I guess it depends on your personal preferences as to whether you can live without the extra stuff or not - for me, the important thing was having the 4x4 (personal preference).

Old 12-29-2007, 10:54 PM

The 4wd system is not the same as the old 4wd with a lever. There’s a dial in the central consul labelled 2wd 4wd auto and 4wd lock it’s all electronic these days. I leave mine in 4wd auto it sends power to the rear wheels if the front wheels loose grip.

If it’s your own money get the 4wd system a 2wd version will hit you hardin the pocket at resale time it’s down to what you can afford. Mpg isit’s not worth worrying about 3mpg difference so don’t let that put you off the 4wd.

You will see a vastly quality improvment in the way its built I had a shogun sport before

Puddy
ps I am getting 41mpg from my diesel I am saving £20 every time I fill up and get more miles out off the tank

Old 12-30-2007, 05:42 PM

I purchased the Outlander today, very nice so far. I did get the "base" package 08 XLS, which as others have said isn't really a "base" package! Been spending time playing around with the car. The FAST key is pretty cool, the stereo isn't too shaby either.

Old 12-30-2007, 06:36 PM

Congrats, enjoy!

Old 12-30-2007, 11:11 PM

Congrads....I own a XLS 4X4, LOVES IT
Enjoy the Outieeee =D

Old 12-31-2007, 11:26 AM

congrats and also welcome to the forum. You really learn a lot here because everyone is so helpful.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:15 PM

i have the outie 2008 too, Sun and sound, realy good choice.
but take in mind that is not a 4x4.
this is a 4WD.
that a big difference when you are stuck in the snow trusted me
( i was stuck in snow few day ago)
bue a realy good choice .

Old 12-31-2007, 08:50 PM

Thanks everybody!

One quick question. My drivers seat doesn't adjust when I am sitting in it. I have to stand outside the car to adjust the seatback. I am thinking something is broken?

Quick Reply: Going to look at '08 XLS 2wd tomorrow.