Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Gracenote update

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Zox
Default RE: Gracenote update

ORIGINAL: jsrd

Zox, I use a CD-RW and NERO without problems. You must start the update manually, go to menu AV MODE screen and touch button CDDB Updating, because the update will not initiate automatically...
In my case, the update initializes automatically, now I have no "CDDB Updating" button anywhere...

When I insert a CD with update files, in AV mode, I got a message "checking disc, please wait..." after 15-20sec, I got the message at the bottom of the screen "check disc" and after 5-6 sec that message disapears.

Zox.

Old 12-21-2008, 05:24 PM

Then you have to understand that that tutorial was provided "in good faith", because that worked for me. I don't like the tone of your post calling it a "ping-pong" procedure. As I said, if you think it's a waste of time, you don't have to follow it if you don't like it. If you think it's wrong because you said the website say "multisession disc is not supported" then perhaps you can post a different working procedure yourself.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Zox

rpax, I dont want to be a "smartass", sorry if my post sounds terrible for you. I`m not speaking english very well, maybe that "ping-pong" means something terrible to you... Actually I meant "ping-pong" for the procedure, when I first make a multisession cd, and later finish it, and not for that tutorial.
Im not saying thats wrong, only that not works in my case.

Zox

Old 12-21-2008, 07:44 PM

Zox, can you check if have 3 files in your CD, ecdbd.UDT, ecdbd.UDX and CDDB_ver_EN.TXT?
Do you burn dataCD?

Old 12-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Zox

jsrd, yes there are that 3 files on the root of CD. I just noticed, that in the downloaded zip file is ecddb.UFT not ECDDB.UDT like in previous update (1459), is this regular?
I maked a data cd, I tried with 3 kind of CD-s, (TDK, Maxell, and Verbatim), I tried a way like in the official site says, and the way like rcpax tutorial says. No succes, just "check disk" error...
Maybe that "downgrade" I mentioned a few post earlyer makes this bug?

Zox.

PS. Is the http://outlander.freeforums.org forum works, or somebody banned my account from there...[sm=dontgetit.gif] I can`t log in...

Old 12-22-2008, 02:38 PM
Zox

Thanks for help, I finally succeded toupgrade the cddb.

Somehow it was bad extension in first 1959.zip file (when I unpacked, I got ecddb.UFT strange,no unpacking error or download error) it should be ecddb.UDT. I downloaded today again from mitsubishi site, and everithing went fine, with simple burning with nero.

Zox.

PS. Any news about navi map upgrade for eastern europe? I`m desperate, I haven`t map for my country...

Old 12-22-2008, 06:10 PM

Great news Zox [sm=smiley20.gif]. I know about an update of maps for europa called Q3-2007, part number MZ314206, but I don´t know if it includes to your country...

Old 01-02-2010, 12:58 PM

From Mitsu Japan, Gracenote ending with [2346]. Thank´s to baghui from outlander.mforos Spain for share this information

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/B...tml%23download

Last edited by jsrd; 01-02-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:07 PM
Zox

I did tested on euro-mmcs, not working!!! I see a difference in files, in the old update files there was CDDB_Ver_EN.txt , in this new is EN missing... probably, this is a japanese update

This proves that mitsubishi doesn`t care for rest of the world... same situation with navigation map updates... shame...

Old 01-07-2010, 08:06 AM

Great thread guys

Any chance of making sticky for the link to the Mitsubishi site.

I have just downloaded version 2281 and loaded the update. No Problems at all

Now I just need to update the SatNav 2009 Model car with 2006 Maps

Quick Reply: Gracenote update