Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Had some fun on Oklahoma back roads!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Default Had some fun on Oklahoma back roads!

This July 4th weekend, I went on a trip down to Broken Bow, OK for a family vacation. Our cabin's driveway was an intense entrance. Since the Outtie doesn't have the greatest of suspension travel, it turned into wheels coming off the ground and some wild turns. I've got some vids taken, so once I figure out how to post to youtube, I'll post those.

Also, very very shocking...I went swimming on accident with my keys. I spent well over an hour in the water. Key FOB still works!!! I thought for sure it was dead.

Not so shocking, but surprising to see...saw another 2010+ Outlander running around down there.

Old 07-08-2013, 06:35 PM

I look forward to seeing your Youtube vids. I have already seen some pretty amazing videos of Outlanders crossing rivers and plowing through deep snow, so some one-wheel-off-the-ground stuff should be a real hoot.

The Outlander's suspension travel may not be that great, but its ground clearance is amazing for a mid-sized SUV. I think it's only a half inch less than that of the Xterra, for example.

I recently replaced the battery in one of our FAST "keys". Underneath the removable cover is an O-ring that I believe makes the unit waterproof (although to what depth I wouldn't venture a guess). Maybe yours has something similar.

Old 07-09-2013, 12:14 AM

Angle didn't turn out as great as I hoped...and my wife loves to narrate all videos. I was also all packed to leave, so the rear was pretty heavy. I have another video from the inside, but not quite as good yet. She put the camera all the way forward on the dash and there is no frame of reference.
Turning into the driveway was very tight...nose was about a foot or two away from a rock/dirt wall. The owners suggested turning around across the street first, but just turning was much more fun.

We rented a pontoon for the afternoon at the lake and parking was horrible. I ended up parking in a large ditch that I almost didn't get out of. On that one, I lifted one completely off the ground and then slid back due to the open diff. I had to get a bit more square and really goose it to get out. But I felt good because I was parked between two off road Jeeps.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:28 PM

Nice!