Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Has anybody deleted their Rockford Fosgate subwoofer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 07:46 AM
Default Has anybody deleted their Rockford Fosgate subwoofer?

We would rather have more cargo space than a subwoofer in our 2018 Outlander PHEV GT. I was thinking of getting a rear panel inside trim panel from a non-subwoofer Outlander and taking out the sub. Has anybody done that? Would it harm the electronics to unplug the subwoofer? Thanks!

Old 04-15-2021, 04:11 PM

No, it would not, provided you unplug the connector and not cut the wire. For absolute safety I would wrap the connector on the wiring harness with electrical tape before putting the new side panel in. The sound quality will however, be significantly worse. Look at junk yards in your area and locate a lower trim wreck (easier to find than a GT) to get a side trim panel.

Old 04-15-2021, 04:49 PM
Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by AWCAWD
No, it would not, provided you unplug the connector and not cut the wire. For absolute safety I would wrap the connector on the wiring harness with electrical tape before putting the new side panel in. The sound quality will however, be significantly worse. Look at junk yards in your area and locate a lower trim wreck (easier to find than a GT) to get a side trim panel.
That's just what I needed to know. I knew I would lose some bass, but I don't listed to loud music so don't think it will be an issue.

Old 08-06-2021, 07:20 PM
Default Would you like to sell the custom fit box and speaker??

Originally Posted by PHEV
We would rather have more cargo space than a subwoofer in our 2018 Outlander PHEV GT. I was thinking of getting a rear panel inside trim panel from a non-subwoofer Outlander and taking out the sub. Has anybody done that? Would it harm the electronics to unplug the subwoofer? Thanks!

let me know. I’d like to put one in my 2019 outlander.

Old 04-27-2023, 08:39 AM

Did you end up doing this? Were there any issues afterwards and how difficult was it to remove the panel?

My sub/amp/stereo is having issues and as part of the fault-finding, I was thinking about disconnecting the sub for a while to see if the stereo/amp behave normally without it. If it's easy to remove/install the panel and you didn't have any issues after disconnecting it, I might try it.