Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Has anybody installed aftermarket fog light on their Outlander ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 04:21 AM
Default Has anybody installed aftermarket fog light on their Outlander ?

I'm not talking about original kit that you buy afterward for like 200$, I'm talking about kits that you can buy for like 40$ to 60$. If you did, how hard was it ?

Thanx forum

Old 01-22-2010, 08:00 AM

I've looked at a few...Not to easy. You have to mount a switch etc...Doesn't go on the turn Arm, usually you mount the switch somewhere underneat the steering wheel. Makes it look a little cheap IMHO.

I think it might be worth getting to OEM Kit. Comes with a new Arm with the Fog switch I belive, and looks factory. Plus you get the Silver Surrounds or Bezels for the Lights that Look OEM.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 AM

i've thought about this a few times. I've thought about going to radio shack to get an all black rocker switch that I could mount on one of the buttons like the traction control (ASC).
I also looked into mounting some sort of touch or near-touch switch under a plastic moulding. There aren't too many of these switches out there, but it works like a touch lamp. I saw one on ebay a few months back that could be activated through 3mm of plastic...I can't imagine our interior pieces be more than 3mm.

once the switch is figured out, it'd be a standard wiring setup with a relay. For safety, use a switched 12v source from the interior fuse panel so that when the car is shut off, the lights will have to shut off as well and only one wire will have to go through the firewall.
Edit: Proximity switch is what I'm thinking of...kinda like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/Inductive-Proxim...item3ca8c54744

Last edited by ccernst; 01-22-2010 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:47 AM

My biggest concern is how would it mount in the holes already made for it ? Would the bracket provided with it fit in those holes ? And if I take those plastic caps off in the bumper and I find out the lights down work, can I put those caps back ?

Old 01-22-2010, 09:16 AM

For the rocker switch idea, I'd use something like this guy:
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a...D-LED/-/1.html

For that switch in particular, you drill a .8" hole and the switch will snap into place to give it a clean look. Little LED to tell you it is activated. Now, I haven't measured those blanks down by the ASC button, but we'd need to find a switch small enough to mount in there. But what I linked to is the general idea.

Edit: This guy is a bit taller, but takes a smaller hole (.48") and you have to use a plastic nut on the backside...a few different ways to go about it.

Last edited by ccernst; 01-22-2010 at 09:22 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:28 AM

Sorry I should have mentionned that my concer is not the swith but the lamps in the bumper, how difficult is it to mount them once the caps are removed from the bumper ?

Old 01-22-2010, 10:12 AM

haven't looked that far!

Old 01-23-2010, 11:45 PM

I actually bought this off ebay about a month ago but i'm still hesitant to install it. I'm just worried whether this will cause any problems with the car's warranty.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:02 AM

Hey Dreager, I saw that kit on Ebay and was wondering if it woud fit. I really don't see installing aftermarket fog light voiding the warranty tho.

I think I' gonna buy that same kit from Ebay, it's only 66$ us.

Let me know how they look when you install them, please send me a PM.

Thanx

Last edited by halfasleep; 01-24-2010 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:30 PM

if you ever get it install and you tell us how it was to install it because im thinking of getting fogs for my car too

Quick Reply: Has anybody installed aftermarket fog light on their Outlander ?