Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Have you seen this yet?

Old 08-28-2007, 05:08 AM
Default Have you seen this yet?

Apparently Dodge has decided to build their version of the Outlander.
They have an interesting take on the interior. Especially the third row seating.
Notice the lack of a tailgate.

Articles
SUV Buster
Jalopnik.com (Video under the pictures)
Bloomberg

More Photos
Autoblog

Old 08-28-2007, 10:39 AM
Default RE: Have you seen this yet?

Quite interesting. I think the Caliber concept was not a big seller as I rarely see them anymore, so maybe this is to take aim at that market as well I like the 325 HP though, but I doubt that would make it to production unless it was ant R/T version.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:38 PM

The exterior looks pretty good, but the interior styling... is really ugly. The dash is horrible and the two toned seats are a little over the top for this kind of SUV. The seats look great though, I wish our 2nd row folded down like that, and the 3rd row seems like they gave it SOME thought.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:26 PM

Seeing those photos and video makes me real thankful that Mitsu and Dodge decided to go their separate ways. Though the 2nd and 3rd row seat folding does appear to be better that the Outie.

Old 08-28-2007, 02:47 PM

I don't see why this is Dodge's "version of the Outlander". The only other versions I know of is the Citroen C-Crosser and Peugeot 4007, which are CBUs from Japan. I don't think Dodge has collaborated with Mitsubishi in the design of Outlander, so there is no point really in relating the two SUVs IMO. I don't like they exterior styling of the Dodge at all, especially the grill [:'(].

Old 08-28-2007, 04:31 PM

I think it looks like a bigger caliber. But the cooler buitl into the floor is awesome. I want that floor now. But I cant live with out my tail gate now. That thing is the biggest portable chair I have ever owned.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:36 PM

I was under the impression that this was a competitor to the Outlander, and not a clone like the Citroen C-crosser (say that 5 times fast!!)

Old 08-28-2007, 10:45 PM

the caliber was orignally based on the new lancer/outlander platform, but chrysler significantly changed it.
So at its ROOTS it may share a few percent of the outlanders DNA, but not too much.

Old 08-29-2007, 08:47 AM

Strange...I think it shares more with the Outtie than we realize..it does look like a few parts come from the Outtie...the doors, windshield, the wheel arches, even the rear bumper transition from the rear quarter panel seems to share a downward curve..

My crazy prediction: Since Daimler is out of the picture for Chrysler, Cerberus will get Chrysler and Mitsubishi working more closely together and the Outtie and Journey will be built alongside eatch other in Normal (they have a lot of extra capacity..they only build 100K vehicles a year there and are even building export Galants). They will build the Euro models with the Peugeot and Citroen