Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Headlight frustration

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2024, 02:28 PM
Default Headlight frustration

Hi all

I hope I'm not the only one experiencing this problem. I have a 2019 Outlander. I am going through headlights every year. It's like clockwork. The right headlight always goes first followed by the left roughly a week later. I've used cheap bulbs, expensive bulbs, even LEDS. I'm actaully considering bypassing the whole circuit and wiring my headlights like foglights. Any suggestions to avoid doing that would be greatly appreciated.

Old Yesterday, 02:17 PM

Do you have the regular projector headlight that takes h11 bulb?

Do you leave your switch on Auto and drive thru dark places during the day which causes your headlight to turn on for a minute or so then turns off again?

I have the oem led headlight and i always keep my headlight switch off and dont leave it on Auto as i dont want my headlight to keep turning on and off when i go thru tunnels or parkade.. i always control my headlight manually as i believe that it would be better in the long run esp if u have halogen, hid or led bulbs on halogen projector headlight..

The auto headlight in my opinion is for automakers to make money off parts as they would need to be replaced more often.. its convenient for customers but im a strong believer that drivers are the one responsible when to turn on and off their headlights..