Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

Headlight problem

Old 12-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Default Headlight problem

I have an 09 Lancer GT. Recently one of my headlights went out. When I tried replacing it I realized that it's not the bulb (as I tried two other bulbs and still nothing).

I checked fuses and all is well.

Any ideas before I have to waste my time going to dealership?

Old 12-16-2009, 05:30 PM

I don't understand the question?

Old 12-17-2009, 09:12 AM

Why would the right headlight not work. I have tried two other bulbs and nothing.

Old 12-21-2009, 02:28 AM

I wonder if anyone has had a similar problem. When I push down the headlight switch from the sidelight position, the sidelights, taillights and daash lights all go out. So I have nothing when its in headlight position, if I pull main beam it works.I have checked the fuses, they are all ok.

Old 12-26-2009, 04:48 AM

So my passenger side headlight is not working correctly. The low beam does not work, but the high beam works. I am assuming this is not an issue with the bulb since the high beam works. I checked the fuses and they all looked good. Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong? Could this be a bulb problem??

Old 01-14-2010, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Angetty09 View Post
So my passenger side headlight is not working correctly. The low beam does not work, but the high beam works. I am assuming this is not an issue with the bulb since the high beam works. I checked the fuses and they all looked good. Anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong? Could this be a bulb problem??
If only one of your headlights is involved then there’s no doubt it is not in a fuse or relay. A light that is both a low beam and a high beam has two filaments. One of the filaments is probably broken. Replace the headlight and it should fix the problem. Try replacing your headlights with the right replacement headlights.