Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

catastrophic failure- help needed bad!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 01:28 PM
Exclamation catastrophic failure- help needed bad!!

Ok, I have had a serious series of unfortunate events unfold and it is overwhelming me. I sunk my money into a project car and have been trying to sell my 2003 lancer es. My lancer has failed epically. Below are the series of events. If you are a repairman, or know anything about these problems, please call me. I will leave my number at the bottom of this thread.

1. check engine light- has been on for over a year. Yes it is serious neglect on my part, but I have not been home for a year, and all I ever read about this is that it lowers gas mileage. Its either an o2 sensor or catalytic converter. I was planning on replacing all of these soon. +/- 1 year ago

2. Power locks go out- I have absolutely no clue whatsoever as to why this happened. less than 1 month ago

3. A/C goes out- again no clue why. less than 1 month ago

*2 and 3 happened at the same time.

4. Car wont start- Took the battery to get tested nd it was bad. Got a replacement battery and installed it about an hour ago. about 1 hour ago

5. Car still wont start- Not only will it not start, but things spark and smoke when I try to start it. about 1 hour ago

Please help me. If you know anything about these happening for any specific reason, or just guesses, just call me. I am going to be so under financially if this cant be fixed and I cannot get rid of this car. Thanks.

254-813-1852

Last edited by putang29; 01-15-2010 at 01:30 PM.