Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Sportback Newer to the United States, the Lancer line offers a sporty compact sedan, with all of the fine styling of the performance minded Evolution.

'06 Mitsubishi Lancer Brake failure. !Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Default '06 Mitsubishi Lancer Brake failure. !Please Help!

I've been haveing brake issues with my 06 lancer. I had a shop replace my brake pads and rotors due to their death squeel at only 10,000 miles. Has anyone else have this issue? Also does anyone have a diagram of the brake system so I can install Brembo rotors and some undecided pads. My brakes are squeeling again and I got them changed last month! So 2,000 miles later these brakes go out. Rotors grinded below spec and pads cracked. Please some one help!

Old 08-28-2007, 12:19 AM
Default RE: '06 Mitsubishi Lancer Brake failure. !Please Help!

Bump!

Old 08-28-2007, 12:24 AM
Banned

something isnt right here.......

If what you say is correct.. and your not a 2 footed driver (sorry but this is too unusual for me just to believe you because of what yo usay)

You can get brembo stuff, yes : )

Old 08-28-2007, 01:44 AM

hate to say it but it is very true I'm really trying to find an explanation of how everything is put together.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:27 AM
Banned

I have never heard anything like it before....

Oh well, i guess all yo ucan do is replace. Remember, in the world of cars, breakage is an excuse to upgrade!

Old 08-28-2007, 09:40 AM

BLEED the Brakes front and rear.... just like the old days.

I know it's kind of old school but there might be clogs in the tube.

change the brake fluid to 3 Diamond or dont use DOT 3 and 4 Combination brake fluid. Use Castrol brake fluid if you don't like 3 Diamond Mitsu fluid. and spray anti squeal again on the pads and rotors the expensive one not cheapo once

Old 08-29-2007, 03:18 PM

Thanks for the replies, ok this is the issue. I wanna take the caliper off to get to the rotor but the two bolts that hold the caliper in won't budge. I know I'm going with Brembo rotors but I don't know what pads to use. Or if the Brembo need a certain type of pads in order to last for a while.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:53 AM

You just slide the new pads on and clip it....there is no screw for pads to hold it. Rotors and clip with hold it.

Buy a EBC brake padsw and again the expensive ceramic one do not buy them at Pep Boys or Auto Zone
they will give a cheap version of pads.

Brembo got their own pads too..i hink

Old 08-30-2007, 11:58 AM
Banned

Bleeding the brakes wont really do anything. Mainly because the problem is not hydraulic related. The problem is the brakes are like... decintigrating.

You dont actually have to remove the caliper to chagne the rotors. There should be a little pin on the side fo the caliper that allows you to slide the top of the caliper off... remove the rotor and remove the pads.

The pads all depend on what you want. If you want pads that will be awesome and never fade... but will squeel like a bitch. Or do you want pads that will last a little less... be very quiet... and will fade when you are braking like your on a race track (highly doubt you will ever get them to fade). That is the hard Vs the soft. Also, the kevlar pads squeel like a bitch too.

Even with the brembos you must heat cycle them. What causes them to warp is heating them un evenly. To prevent this make sure you dont brake all of a sudden or very hard until you have heat cycled them. To heat cycle them, take the car upto high speeds... and slow down using the brakes gently... then do it over and over again about 5 times. Then take it easy for about 100 miles.. then do waht ever you want. : )

Hope that helps!

Old 08-30-2007, 12:34 PM

Cool! Thanks dude that helps quite a bit. Actually you gave me all the info I was looking for minus the diagram. Oh me and my girl really like your siggy pretty f**kin' funny

Quick Reply: '06 Mitsubishi Lancer Brake failure. !Please Help!