Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

help on moisture/condensation?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:07 PM
Default help on moisture/condensation?

So I had a problem right now. My front passenger floor is always moisture wet no matter what. I tried to take out the OE mat and let it dry for a few days to see if it dries out. But I guess not...

I tried using paper towels folded up and put a heavy object on top so that the towels would soak up any liquid also; no help.

I have not even spilled any liquid on the floors yet since I have double mats.

Went to the dealer and ask whats the problem; they told me that it is condensation in the car since I live in Houston, there is alot of moisture/humid. I took the advisers advice to just take the mats out and just let it dry but that same area is still moist as it is.

Any advice? I have around 17,900 miles on my 07 and is that warrenty covered?

Old 11-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: help on moisture/condensation?

Thats crap I would take to another dealer and yes its covered under warranty.

Old 11-10-2008, 10:09 PM

Definately get that checked out by someone else. Florida is also very humid and I dont have that problem in my 07 with 33000

Old 11-11-2008, 12:26 AM

..suspect a plugged drain hose from the A/C condensor areathe one that normally leaves the little puddles under your car in hot , humid weather

Old 11-11-2008, 03:31 AM

wow thats awful. this may be a rediculous question but is it possible that you have a leaky weatherstrip? i guess that would only make sense if you have had plenty of moisture/rain lately. i truly find it hard to believe that the moisture in the air can actually cause a condensate to puddle in your vehicle. im suprised you didnt laugh in that mans face and tell him thats the silliest explination anyone could have imagined. either the guy is a stiff and he has no idea what hes talking about or he is just a cheap *** and does not want to fix it. im going wityh option B in which case take everyones advice and find a new dealer/service station.

Old 11-26-2008, 09:28 AM

is several weeks the corrrect answer from the dealer that they said its going to take and check?

Old 11-26-2008, 10:22 AM
tcp

We have a winner. Your AC condensor drain is plugged. The water that condenses on the cold unit collects in a drain pan under it and is routed outside through a tube. When the tube gets plugged, the water overflows the drain pan and runs inside on the passenger side floor. you need to locate the drain tube(usually somewhere around the passenger front wheel well...maybe someone here that lives where it is warm and humid can run their AC for while and watch where the puddle forms under the car, then let you know) under the car and blow air back through it. that will clear the blockage and I bet a bunch of water pours out. If someone knows where the drain come out, maybe they can post here for others with this issue.

Old 11-27-2008, 03:05 AM

im curious now. did that dealer even look at it? or did you just describe it to him and he gave you a response right away?

Old 11-28-2008, 11:09 AM

he did i even open the carpet and took the hard form off to show the molding. just that how can checking and testing be that long though?

Old 11-29-2008, 02:20 PM

slap him with a brake shoe next time you see him

Quick Reply: help on moisture/condensation?