Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Help please? :( 03 outlander overheats

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Default Help please? :( 03 outlander overheats

So far I have replaced the Fan control module.
the recalled controler had been replaced before buying it from a used car dealer as is

Thmostat replaced
heat sensor replaced
this didnt fix the issue the fans would work for a couple days than start to overheat again taping on the fan control module would make them come on but not reliable

harness looks fine but?

So this time I found the whole fan shroud? with the two fans New and a new fan controler, so being in a total unit I was pluging only the one cars harness that went to fan control from the car.

All new stuff cars harness and plug going to it looks good , and they work and are stronger than i have seen the fans run. and now its two days later and my daughter says its over heating again, oh yeah me and the wife just baught the car for our daughter co signed for 7000 its got around 75.000 on it. i am stresed can anyone help?

Addendum the radiator look clean inside no build up
Water pump doesnt look to be leaking, what are the chances that the impellor? inside the water pump is just free spinning inside ,not pushing water?

Last edited by Dana Adude; 08-01-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:58 AM
Default I figured out the problem

After installing all new parts including:
Thomostat
Fan Temp Sending Unit.
Fan Control sensor X3
The Whole Fan Assembly including both fans
And the Issue would come back in a few days.

Looking arround even the dealer mechanics missed it.

Looks like Mitsubishi tried to save some money on a cheap grounding block and look at your Negitive battery terminal if its made of metal and not Led? These metal ones the factory put on are, cheap, hollow, and only two real thin pieces of metal are making contact to the battery's negitive post.

I replaced this one with a solid brass one as soon as i did the issues went away and not only that but the air conditioner is working better the car is running smother, shifting is better as well.