Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Help please with ASX/Outlander sport specs

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 01:45 AM
Default Help please with ASX/Outlander sport specs

Can someone take a look at the link below as I have a bit of a dispute with the seller. I order these pads and discs, but it turned out the drum part was too big. Original internal diameter is 16.5cm these were 19cm. I only discovered this after fitting one side and realised the handbrake didn't work properly.
The pads fit fine and the discs fit fine except for the afore mentioned issue.

The specs given in the details of the sale exactly match that of my vehicle an ASX 2011 1.8 DI-D 4WD 148bhp. The only suspect part is it states (GA2W) also in the listing, but I ignored that as it's often wrongly posted in descriptions. As far as I know there is only one vehicle in the range with these specs and that is mine. The Ebay vehicle checker also confirmed these would fit.
I also sent the seller the make and model of my vehicle in the Ebay message box upon purchase.

After to-ing and fro-ing with messages the seller is willing to accept a return and refund, but not the postage which is quite a bit considering the weight. I am disputing this as I believe the description matches my vehicle and bought them item in good faith.

Can anyone give some insight to this and confirm or not whether the specs are correct for my vehicle or which vehicle this description actually matches? The seller will not tell me which vehicle these supposedly fit.

If I've made a **** up then fair play I'll pay the return postage. Just want some advice on this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mitsubish...72.m2749.l2649

Thanks for any help.

Old 10-08-2020, 03:33 PM

Please take a look at the attached images. These will be the specs you have to have.

Old 10-09-2020, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by AWCAWD
Please take a look at the attached images. These will be the specs you have to have.

Thanks for that, that's the same as my vehicle. Can you shed any light on the specs given in the listing?

Old 10-09-2020, 10:14 AM

The listing you provided a link to does not say anything about the inner diameter of the disk (see the second image). You have the piece, you measured the inside diameter and it was not 168 mm (6.61 "). This item is not compatible with your vehicle, as your emergency brake will not work properly if at all. The outer diameter of the disk is bigger than the stock (302 vs. 258 mm), so if you had a 16" wheel (I believe in the UK these rigs were shipped with 17" wheels) it would not even allow the wheel to mount back. Again, unless the inner diameter shown in fig 2 is more than 169 mm this piece is not a fit. I would never rely on any seller's recommendation whether a piece fits or not. You should check the specifications and only buy if the item is an exact match. Good luck.

Last edited by AWCAWD; 10-09-2020 at 10:27 AM.