Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

hesitation TSB sticker??

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 01:43 PM
tcp
Default hesitation TSB sticker??

The dealership just delivered my Outlander that was supposed to have the hesitation TSB applied. I tried searching here, but can 't find the info about where they were supposed to place a sticker with the info on the vehicle. I don't have a copy of the complete TSB but I read something about a sticker to be placed upon completion. Anyone help me?

Old 10-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Default RE: hesitation TSB sticker??

Inner side of the hood or somewhere in the engine compartment. You cannot miss it, it's a big sticker.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:40 PM
tcp

I can't see a sticker anywhere. The throttle response doesn't seem to have changed greatly, if at all. Does the application of this TSB reset some of the display parameters...i had the service warnings turned off and they are still turned off, my trip odo is still the same, etc. Do those things reset when the firmware is updated? I don't want to accuse the service dept of not doing the TSB correctly until i can confirm this.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:57 PM

See this thread about the sticker and what it actually look like: http://outlander.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=70

Old 10-25-2007, 05:01 PM

id be surprised if the sticker was installed.
the lack of it doesnt mean the software wasn't updated.

Old 10-25-2007, 05:28 PM
tcp

I won't worry too much about the sticker, if people's info display wasn't reset by the upload, as mine hasn't changed from before.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:49 PM

Well, if the technician did it corrently, there should be a sticker because that's what the TSB instructs them to do. If your vehicle got flashed but no there is no sticker, that will somehow give you the idea of the kind of people working on your vehicle. I'm just glad the technician doing mine followed the TSB instructions correctly. So it gives me confidence in the kind of service they offer.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:37 PM

its a sticker. Ive been reprogramming cars for 10+ years, but havent placed a sticker on them for 9+.
most people 1)dont care, or 2)dont want it there.

Old 10-26-2007, 08:46 PM

When I picked up my outie my computer was dumped at least the trip meter was reset on both a and b. But they also did that the last time they erased the learned memory of the tranny.

I didnt know there was a sticker Ill have to look. I know mine was done its 100% better than it was.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Manybrews

its a sticker. Ive been reprogramming cars for 10+ years, but havent placed a sticker on them for 9+.
most people 1)dont care, or 2)dont want it there.
So if the TSB says you need to put a sticker, do you just skip it anyway? Because I want my vehicle to be serviced to the letter of whatever TSB it might be. I guess that holds true for every other owner in this forum. Even if I don't care, I want my service guy to it up there anyway, because that's the way it should be done. But that might just be me. I take care of my vehicle, so I want no less than what is NEEDED to be done.

And it's not just a sticker. That sticker holds vital information. A written record on what's been modified in the vehicle's programming. Do I get that information in the service receipt? No. And Mitsubishi must have a valid reason to include putting up a sticker after the TSB service. A member of the Outlander Online Community reported from an official communication from Mitsubishi that the hesitation has something to do with emission compliance. So that in itself is reason enough for that sticker to be there.

But then again, that's just me.

Quick Reply: hesitation TSB sticker??