Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

hesitation TSB sticker??

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 05:08 PM
Default RE: hesitation TSB sticker??

ORIGINAL: chili_g

So you've been doing your job wrong for 9+ years, and now some poor schmuck who buys their outie second hand two years from now and hears about the TSB will think he doesn't have it (or will restart this same thread). But as long as you've been able to show how much more you know than the stupid engineers who dicated this, that's probably worth it.
Nope. Been doing the job right. You dont realize that 99 percent of the people dont even open their hoods. The sticker is primarily there for other people servicing your car and the EPA, not for you to feel better about yourself. The information that is written on the sticker (software version) comes up instantly when the scan tool is attached, so its redundant for the people that actually fix your car.
But feel free to keep trying to insult me, because you may learn how to do it someday. I doubt it, though.

Everyone here is overthinking this rather dramatically. To update the software, a person has to 1)plug in the scan tool. 2)click "reprogram".
thats it. Everyone here that has had a software update done can rest assured its been done, as it takes 10 seconds.
If the sticker is really that important to everyone, have them install it. Jesus, people like to make mountains out of molehills here, dont they?

Old 10-29-2007, 05:58 PM

Heres a pic of my molehill BTW they dont give me the impression theyll stay there long. Not stuck very well

Old 10-29-2007, 08:38 PM

Mine was placed in the front left side of the hood (inside of course). There is a verry valid point brought up here, "if a dealer fails to perform a step like adding a sticker, it just comes to show the kind of service they provide" in other words it makes the costumer think, "man I wonder what else they cut corners on". I'm glad that my dealer followed through and put the darn useless sticker there, it just gives me piece of mind that they know how to follow instructions.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Manybrews

Everyone here is overthinking this rather dramatically. To update the software, a person has to 1)plug in the scan tool. 2)click "reprogram".
thats it. Everyone here that has had a software update done can rest assured its been done, as it takes 10 seconds.

Does this procedure update BOTHthe ECM (TSB-07-13-007) AND the TCM (TSB-07-23-006)?
Is it true that you cannot read the current software level if there are no updates available? I find this very unlikely, but this is what the tech at my dealership keeps telling me.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:01 PM

Yes it should update both.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:04 AM

ORIGINAL: OTO27

Yes it should update both.
Just to make it clear, I was referring to procedure described by Manybrews. I know that both TSBs must be performed.

Old 10-30-2007, 07:51 AM

IMO, it's not for the technician to decide who gets the sticker and who doesn't. What customers want though is for technicians to do things like the way Mitsubishi wants. Why skip on a sticker? It's just a sticker. Scribbling info on there doesn't even take 3 mins.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:36 AM
tcp

Well, I got the paperwork in the mail yesterday and they listed it as having done the -007 TSB but not the -006. I went in this morning and raised a little bit of hell. Here's the first words from the service writer:

"We don't apply the sticker because it says that the control unit label shouldn't be used for this TSB and should be discarded"

I then took the TSB(all 12 pages) out of his hands and pointed out that only the crossed out part of the label was to be discarded, not the entire label.

When I asked about what had been done he said:

"We only apply the -007 TSB because that's what it says in the Canadian version"

I then took the "Canadian version" and pointed out that it showed, TWICE, that both -007 and 006 updates are required and nowhere does it say not to do both.

He then went and spoke to the tech for a long time and came back and said they would do both. 1/2 hour later the vehicle comesback.

I drove itto work, but truly didn't notice any real differences from before.Maybe a bitquicker engagement out of corners, but I think after driving a "drive-by-wire" Toyota for a couple of years,my driving style has been changed to mitigate theeffects of the hesitation so I'm not noticing a big difference.

I am assuming everything is up to date now and the sticker has been applied (it shows up on the paperwork now, but I haven't popped the hood and looked), so I'm going to enjoy the ride for a while without thinking of dealer service departments...