Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

hesitation TSB sticker??

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Default RE: hesitation TSB sticker??

It stated each bulletin on my service receipt. Yours didnt?

Old 10-26-2007, 09:51 PM

ORIGINAL: BoldlyGoingNowhere

It did state the TSB #,and that was it. It didn't include the rest of the info that was on the sticker. Did you get the sticker too?

Old 10-27-2007, 08:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Manybrews
its a sticker. Ive been reprogramming cars for 10+ years, but havent placed a sticker on them for 9+.
most people 1)dont care, or 2)dont want it there.
So you've been doing your job wrong for 9+ years, and now some poor schmuck who buys their outie second hand two years from now and hears about the TSB will think he doesn't have it (or will restart this same thread). But as long as you've been able to show how much more you know than the stupid engineers who dicated this, that's probably worth it.

Old 10-27-2007, 09:17 AM

My dealer did not put the sticker on in the first place and I know for the fact that he DID NOT READ the TSB before re-flashing my car. This caused me to make two additional trips to the dealership, and a dozen of phone calls with Mitsu.
Correctly documenting such work it's very important for the owner and for Mitsubishi and the proof that Mitsu thinks that way it's the fact that they require the sticker as part of the TSB (QA/Engineering ABC).

Old 10-27-2007, 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: rcpax

ORIGINAL: BoldlyGoingNowhere

It did state the TSB #,and that was it. It didn't include the rest of the info that was on the sticker. Did you get the sticker too?
I keep forgetting to look [:'(]

Old 10-27-2007, 10:52 PM

Had it done yesterday, and there is no sticker on the underside of the hood, but they assured me that they did it. On the receipt it just says 'Perform TSB Updates' and no additional info.
I hope that they actually did.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:12 PM

had my outlander flashed a couple of weeks ago
i took a look under the hood and the did put a sticker indicating what was done
mine is located on the right side, just before the washer fliud reservoir

Old 10-28-2007, 11:12 AM
tcp

The sticker displays compliance to EPA and Environment Canada emissions regulations. Without it you are technically not compliant and can fail emission testing procedures. We don't have testing here, but I'm not sure the programming was actually performed. I want the dealership to show me the level in my outlander before I can be sure it was actually performed. I'm sure they charged Mitsu Canada for their "service" regardless.

ORIGINAL: rcpax

ORIGINAL: Manybrews

its a sticker. Ive been reprogramming cars for 10+ years, but havent placed a sticker on them for 9+.
most people 1)dont care, or 2)dont want it there.
So if the TSB says you need to put a sticker, do you just skip it anyway? Because I want my vehicle to be serviced to the letter of whatever TSB it might be. I guess that holds true for every other owner in this forum. Even if I don't care, I want my service guy to it up there anyway, because that's the way it should be done. But that might just be me. I take care of my vehicle, so I want no less than what is NEEDED to be done.

And it's not just a sticker. That sticker holds vital information. A written record on what's been modified in the vehicle's programming. Do I get that information in the service receipt? No. And Mitsubishi must have a valid reason to include putting up a sticker after the TSB service. A member of the Outlander Online Community reported from an official communication from Mitsubishi that the hesitation has something to do with emission compliance. So that in itself is reason enough for that sticker to be there.

But then again, that's just me.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:49 AM

The only thing I can suggest for those who are unsure, becausea sticker is no guarantee either. Is to ask to see the version on the display of the reader.
You would probably have to get Mitsu directly involved with that one because your dealer would probably not want to take the time.

I know mine was done because I can tell when I drive it, when I push on the gas I go now, before I didnt.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:47 PM

Well, a sticker would be a good indication that your service guy did it. If they didn't do it but put the sticker up, then you can actually get back at them, because then they have knowingly and deliberately mislead you to thinking they reprogrammed your vehicle. Again, more than the hesitation issue, the TSB addresses emission compliance. So that sticker has to be there, because that's how the TSB needs to be done. No sticker = lousy service, IMO.

Quick Reply: hesitation TSB sticker??