Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

HID Lights + Daytime Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Default HID Lights + Daytime Lights

Has anyone wired it so that the Daytime Running Lights will be on along with the HID lights in the XLS?

Also, without changing the D.R.L.s into HID ones, I heard that there are replacement bulbs or lenses that would sort of mimic the HIDs. Is this true or are the colors not even close? Basically trying to find a cheap way to hook up my HID + D.R.L.s and have them both look the same.

Old 05-14-2007, 06:49 PM
JMC
Default RE: HID Lights + Daytime Lights

9006 bulbs will work as a replacement. I'm working on turning the fogs/DLRs into working fogs with HIDs.

Old 05-15-2007, 05:38 PM

Oh nice~~ If you happen to find out how to do it, please post it here as I'm sure some others like ourselves are dying to get that done too. I'm not good with any electrical stuff so I know there's no way I could figure it out myself.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:36 PM

Would this void any warrantys? The day time running lights help with insurance prices too. What would happen if you have that option on your insurance and get into an accident and someone notices? Im also one that would do this mod.

Old 05-15-2007, 08:12 PM

Can the electrical system can handle the load..that could be a reason for being that way from the factory

Old 05-15-2007, 08:15 PM

If you had an electrical issue, they could void the warranty. I don't think they could deny any non-electrical

Old 05-16-2007, 05:23 PM

Well, I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to get some of my accessories that were supposed to have been on my vehicle finally installed...I'll ask some of those electrical questions to the manager and about things that might void or not void and etc. I'll be sure to post tomorrow night about the details.

Old 05-16-2007, 06:24 PM
JMC

Hey Ace...what accessories are you talking about? The dealer I got the Outlander from said I had to pay for certain accessories that other dealer is telling me should have come on the Outlander.

Old 05-17-2007, 05:40 PM

Well yeah, I had to pay for the accessories but the way I made my deal pretty much made those accessories "free". The ones I'm talking about: Hood Protector, Side Scuff Plates, Rear Scuff Plate, Sunroof Visor, Side Window Visors, Mud Guards and the cheesy plastic Trunk Protector was a 100% free throw in. I used to sell cars (@ Ford) when I was much younger and I made sure I learned the ins and outs. Picking at the brains of the older guys, esp. the managers, helped me become a better salesperson as well as a car buyer. Dealerships basically sell those accessories/parts with huge profit margins. Knowing that and the fact that you can get better prices or overall deals by going towards the end of the month is one of the keys as well. Oh, and if they happen to have a chalk board of the salespeople in view, it doesn't hurt to look at who might be the hungry ones. If you really want to save, then going straight to one of the sales manager is best, but you better know what you want in all aspects so that you don't waste his/her time and they'll be more willing to work it into your favor.

Most vehicles won't come with the more extravagant accessories in their option packages, like the ones I got. So, if you tell the manager that you're looking for X colored vehicle in the X trim with the X package and that you want a vehicle with XYZ optional accessories, they will tell you they can the get the X car but not with those XYZ optional accessories included into the price. "Well, Mr. Manager...why is it that ZX Dealer told me they would get me those optional accessories at their cost and install it for me as well? Listen, I like you esp. since you've helped me out here this far and we're past all that nitty gritty wheelin' and dealin' stuff, but if they're going to do that for me I think I should go there today." I may not have used this exact line all the time I've bought my vehicles, but pretty similar. Since it's only been a little over 2 weeks, this was pretty much what I said this time around. Needless to say, I got all the above mentioned accessories at pretty much at cost placed onto the cost of my vehicle. Oh, it doesn't hurt to mention the fact that you know where the other dealerships are and that you've visted them already. As for me, I was lucky to have 3 Mitsubishi dealers within my immediate area.

There are many other "tricks" you can use as well to get a better deal. Saying that you're comparing X vehicles vs. Z vehicle from another company and mentioning how that otherdealership is willing to sell their vehicle at their Invoice price etc etc...also, unless you have inside information, you won't know if they have dealer incentives/rebates, which could make it go below their Invoice price. Even without inside info, the best time is at the end of the model year (Septemberish) and around the 20th.

BTW, I didn't get the Body Side Moldings because I want to get the UK/JAP side moldings and the lower Side Accents. I'm probably going to get drilled by them, but I'm taking my sweet time to try to find the best price/dealer and will pass that info on later on. Unless we have some UK friends that have some dealer relations and can help hook us up?!

Old 05-17-2007, 06:01 PM

I did the same lines but I didn't get any accessory during the time I bought the vehicle, not even mudguards. I bought my Outlander the time it went on sale last Nov 06. There's not one accessory available at the dealership that time, even the vehicles themselves were such a rarity. I wish I had the luxury of time to wait but I badly needed the vehicle.

Quick Reply: HID Lights + Daytime Lights