Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

HID's too bright?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 07:52 PM
Default HID's too bright?

Does anyone with the HID's on the 2nd gen Outtie have problems with them being too bright? I have had like 3 people flash their brights at me, I am guessing because they thought my brights were on. It is pretty annoying, but I would hate to be blinding people with my HIDs.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Default RE: HID's too bright?

People flash me whenI have my HDI's on. Then I put my high beams on and they take theirs off pretty fast. I enjoy it alot.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:09 AM

Hi. Newbie here.

Are there any aftermarket projector-type auxiliary lamp that can replace the stock foglamps? Would like to retain the stock on/off switch for the foglamps.

How much are the OEM third row seats? Can't seem to find these being offered as an add-on option.

Thanks

Outie gurl

Old 08-02-2007, 05:33 AM

Valerie - I see you are new to the forum. I will start by saying welcome. Possibly you are new to forums in general, so I'm going to make a suggestion. You should start your own thread rather than "hijack" abrcrombe's thread. It is poor forum etiquette to lead someone else's thread off the original topic.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:40 AM

oops sorry

Old 08-02-2007, 07:51 AM

I have the HIDs and I have not had anyone flash me yet. I'm still holding out hope though!

Old 08-02-2007, 08:33 AM

I haven't been flashed yet..I think people are getting used to seeing more HIDs on the road.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:11 AM
tcp

Maybe it's not that the HIDs are too bright, but that they aren't height adjusted properly. If they're too high, they can be extremely annoying. Do you carry any weight in the back of your vehicle? There's probably a reason people are flashing their brights at you.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:30 AM

The HID's are supposed to be self adjusting.

Old 08-02-2007, 02:21 PM

Yeah I thought they were self adjusting as well. I don't carry anything extra in the back, and it is usually just me in the car. I can't remember for sure, but I think I recall an SUV flashing me as well. I am waiting until someone does it again so I can turn on the high beams to shut them up.

Valerie - It is hard to judge tone of voice online, so I hope you didn't take his friendly advice the wrong way.

Quick Reply: HID's too bright?