Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

HID's too bright?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 03:59 PM
Default RE: HID's too bright?

Yea they are self adjusting. All HIDs require it now.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:21 PM

how bright are they? im getting 6k i know thats not too bright, what are you running? also, on a side question before i buy mine, i need to know what bulbs it takes, 9007 or something else?

[/align]

Old 08-03-2007, 09:00 AM

2007 MITSUBISHI Outlander

Low beam headlamp
9006SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9006ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9006XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9006CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light
9006LL Long Life Halogen Upgrade: Lasts one and a half times longer

High beam headlamp
9005SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen
9005ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter Halogen
9005XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light
9005CB Cool Blue Halogen - The Whiter Light

Parking light

Front turn signal
992 (7440A)

Rear turn signal
992 (7440A)

High mount stop light
Assembly

License plate
2825LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Back up light

Front sidemarker

That is from Sylvania's website for the bulbs the Outtie uses. I am not 100% sure, but I would guess our stock HIDs would be 4300k. Isn't that what most stock setups are?

Old 08-03-2007, 09:18 AM

I wonder if we will ever see a complete aftermarket headlight housing, I dont know how they could make it look better as it already does. But they could have HID's on them and even the auto balancer plus the required electronics to do the swap. It would probably be pricy, but I'm willing to bet it will still be cheaper than getting all the HID components from the dealer and you still get a new cool looking housing. This is awesome for those that did not get the HID package from the dealer but want it now.Come on aftermarket! WAKE UP!..lol.

By the way, not trying to hijack anyones thread, after all we are talking about HID's, so I apologize for being slightly off topic, dont want to make a new thread for every stupid idea that comes into mind.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:21 PM

I always wondered what the output was on our hid's 6k seems reasonable, but i could be wrong, I asked the dealer they didnt even know

Old 01-07-2008, 02:53 AM

I'm surprised and I can't speak than I good surprised...
As I understand,2nd generation Outlander doesn't have a lens, typically installed on ALL headlight systems equipped with HID by manufacturer. Those lens before HID lamp needfor better focusing high power beam to prevent dazzling other drivers.

I mean lenses like as:

[IMG]local://upfiles/15495/03E64C88829F4E0F8AB3E9831C6EA439.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15495/F9D0B3E4EA404D6EA5405AE2294E1718.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15495/0B01EA943D3C4270AE682E6CF02BA9B7.jpg[/IMG]

Anyone knows other vehicles, equipped with HIDs by manufacturer w/o lens optic? I don't.

This lens evenlowers the light area on the headlight. This help to prevent dazzling with dirty glasses. (Headlight washer typically can't clean glass with 100% effect, it isn't ?)

My guess- other drivers flashing you when your headlight glass isn't pretty clean.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Sergy

I'm surprised and I can't speak than I good surprised...
As I understand,2nd generation Outlander doesn't have a lens, typically installed on ALL headlight systems equipped with HID by manufacturer. Those lens before HID lamp needfor better focusing high power beam to prevent dazzling other drivers.

Anyone knows other vehicles, equipped with HIDs by manufacturer w/o lens optic? I don't.
First of all, arent HID's suppose to be bright?? Yes. OEM HID's are now suppose to be self-adjusting, which helps with added weight in the rear, or when driving on a slope (hill). They do not have to be projectors though. There are a bunch of cars on the road with OEM HID's that do not have "projector lamps". Projectors would be better because they can direct light verry effectively. But they are a more expensive housing. And since this isnt a Porshe or Acura (luxury cars) projectors might not of fit the budget for Mitsu's plan with having all the other gadgets. Our "reflector lamps" are designed with a cut off, which is effective enough. You see the cutoff on the beam when your up against a wall with the lights on...

The 2nd Gen concept had projectors on it, so maybe a aftermarket company will come up with something similar...

I believe our HID's are 4300k like abrcrombe said. They do not have the blueish tint to them like the 6000k do. Yes they do when you turn them on, but after 20 seconds or so the bulbs warm up and it changes to a more pure white color. 6000k bulbs start purple then change to a pure white with blueish tint. I want to switch out to 6000k at some point though.

ORIGINAL: abrcrombe

I have had like 3 people flash their brights at me, I am guessing because they thought my brights were on.
Just turn your brights on and shut them up. Any vehicle where the driver is sitting in our HID light beam is going to think that the brights are on. HID's are bright, they can get over it.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:27 PM

amazingly now one has flashed me since I made this thread. Of course now someone will tonight. I would love projectors (lens) but new housings being unavailable and retrofitting too scary for me...I will just stick with what I have. A good thing about that is I get to save some money

Old 01-07-2008, 01:59 PM

Porsche, Acura...
First generation of European Out after restyling in 2004 have a lens in headlights.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:03 PM

weird, no one really flashed at me, I did have people flash me in my previous car (06 TSX)

Quick Reply: HID's too bright?