Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

High speeds

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Default High speeds

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but, damn is my outlander smooth and quite at 80mph. The thing just floats down the highway like 80 is nothing. Switching lanes and cruising down the highway was pretty comfortable. Anyone else bring it over 80 yet and felt out how it rides? I just had to post this since I was so impressed on the drive.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:21 AM
Default RE: High speeds

Yeah dude, defenetly something worth mentioning, I brought mine up to 90, it felt like 55!

Old 08-26-2007, 10:29 AM

Oh yeah, I put 8 oz of that STP additive and I felt a different drive this morning. And yeah, I am always looking forward to the freeway drives. It's too easy to overspeed. Good thing the wife is there to remind me. And cornering is so much fun at 35-40mph. That's where I appreciate so much the precise handling of this vehicle. Body roll is way much less than my wife's 03 CR-V. So congrats to everyone who made their Outlander purchase. That very precise handling didn't happen out of the blue you know. That's where all the Rallying experience translate to good engineering and eventually better products, although that fact might not matter to some buyers.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:38 AM

ive had my 06 up to about 110 and it felt very smooth.....at 80-90 it seems like your just cruising at 55

Old 08-26-2007, 11:13 AM

I didnt want to push anything over 80 right now. The speed limit is 65. I am currently going through the application process to be a police officer. I had it at 80 for maybe a minute in a big pack of traffic and then slowed it down. Yea the turning is really nice. I take turns like an F1 car all the time. I went from driving a 95 eclipse gsx to this. I dont slow down much more around the turns with the outlander. I havent noticed too much body roll at all.

Old 08-26-2007, 12:14 PM

I have taken it around turns pretty aggressively and I was surprised at the composure our Outties had. It stayed on course, and I was confident in its abilities.

As for the highway, I haven't taken it over 80 yet. This car is great, how can I get a speeding ticket if it doesn't beg me to drive it fast!!

Old 08-26-2007, 12:19 PM

I do 140 km/h (87 mph) frequently on my daily commute, going with the highway traffic. It's nothing for the Outlander. I also take it way over the recommended speed on the on/off highway ramps and it corners very well without much body roll. As far as I'm concerned,the Outie delivers on the handling, driving comfort and acceleration. Happy driver!

Old 08-26-2007, 02:04 PM

Im glad all of us outlander owners drive like were in nascarin SUV's hahahaha . Hopefully one day in the future I can test out higher speeds. I can only imagine now outlanders doing 100 passing everyone on the turnpike.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:16 PM

Theres tight twisties all over the place where I live. If you want to experience true glued to the road handling stick it in 4wd lock and manually shift to avoid the delay of the engine not being the rightgear coming out of the corner. It rocks.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:09 PM

ORIGINAL: antlip

Im glad all of us outlander owners drive like were in nascarin SUV's hahahaha . Hopefully one day in the future when I dont have to worry about getting pulled I can join the rest of you guys in testing outhigher speeds. I can only imagine now outlanders doing 100 passing everyone on the turnpike.
I thought the cops don't speed while off-duty and they are the first to obey the law.

Quick Reply: High speeds