Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Holy sticky overload!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Default Holy sticky overload!

The Outlander forum now has 18 stickys! I did a quick glance and the most in any other subforum i saw as 5.

No doubt there's some great information there, but when you label everything as important, the truly important can be obstructed. Suggestions for which ones to remove?

Old 04-11-2014, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by ckmecha
The Outlander forum now has 18 stickys! I did a quick glance and the most in any other subforum i saw as 5.

No doubt there's some great information there, but when you label everything as important, the truly important can be obstructed. Suggestions for which ones to remove?
remove the outlander section?

Old 04-12-2014, 08:42 AM
Banned

Pick some you think should be removed, tell me why, and I'll remove them.

I could only find one worthy of removing, the rest are pretty damn useful. If you can think of some that should be combined, let me know.

Last edited by Sebba; 04-12-2014 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:33 PM

I think the problem, if one can even call it that, is that there is only one Outlander forum with no sub-forums, so all possible subjects of conversation have to take place in one forum, for all years, which is quite a restriction. Compare this forum to the main page of the Honda Accord Forum (where I've been a member since 2006) and take note the number of sub-forums:
Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Of course the Outlander has not been around for that long in N America, but, nevertheless, there are just as many things to talk about with our Outlanders as there are with the venerable Accord. That being the case, I think the Outlander forum is remarkably compact as far as stickies goes. In fact, as long as there are no sub-forums, I'd like to see a few more stickies devoted to timing belt change, brake pad and rotor replacement, CV axle replacement, etc. Of course we have the service manuals available, but there is nothing like the experience of owners, with accompanying photos, to make these tasks much easier.

All things considered, I think this is a great web site!

Old 04-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Banned

That, I have no control over.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:36 AM

The issue for me is not so much the fact that there's a lot of stickies, it's that they are persistent across sub-pages; is there any way to get them to only show up when you are on "page 1"?

Old 04-14-2014, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by RoGuE_StreaK
The issue for me is not so much the fact that there's a lot of stickies, it's that they are persistent across sub-pages; is there any way to get them to only show up when you are on "page 1"?
Good idea.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Outlaander
I think the problem, if one can even call it that, is that there is only one Outlander forum with no sub-forums, so all possible subjects of conversation have to take place in one forum
Great point, though there are plenty of cross over between the generations so there would probably be a whole lot of duplication. Im not at all arguing that the information is useless, rather that some of it is used so infrequently the search function should be used.

Originally Posted by RoGuE_StreaK
If we can do this it would be a great start!

Im not at all arguing that the information is useless, rather that some of it is used so infrequently the search function should be used.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:23 AM
Banned

I have the ability to do none of the above.

If I did, I'd have done it 5 years ago.