Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to connect Chirp Buzzer for lock\unlock tone

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:14 AM
Default How to connect Chirp Buzzer for lock\unlock tone

My car is not equipped with the Theft Alarm systemso I have no tone when locking\unlocking the doors using the remote control buttons (regular key not the keyless)

I want to had a Chirper to my car and I already got a simple buzzer. (see bellow)

Right now:
locking the doors:
mirrors are folded automatically and the turn signals blink once.
unlocking the doors:
mirrors are open and the turn signals blink twice.

Is there any chance to connect such a buzzer that will chirp only when closing and opening the car.

I don't want it to chirp each time I am driving and using the turn signals or when I am using the Hazard button.

Your help is much appreciated.

Old 03-01-2013, 10:21 AM

bump!

Old 03-08-2013, 02:42 PM

Just out of curiosity try connecting it through a fuse to your turn signal wiring in the bonnet for a test. It may work as its a 12v pulse.. Let me know

Old 03-08-2013, 02:50 PM

As far as I know there is no fuse for turn signal under the bonnet. Do you know which fuse is it?

Old 03-08-2013, 10:37 PM

Just put a fuse on the positive wire to the chirper and then put indicator on and simply touch the red chirper wire to the green indicator wire. I think it's green, there's a black and a green. Black is GND

Old 03-09-2013, 09:19 AM

this is my fuse box under the hood, to which wire you think I need to hook up?

Old 03-09-2013, 02:52 PM

None.. Get a blade fuse, solder wire on 1 side then the buzzer red on the other and earth the buzzer black and probe the fused wire into the turn signal wiring by bulb

Old 03-11-2013, 06:19 AM

Would the buzzer not keep working when your using turn signals??

Gazza

Old 03-12-2013, 02:05 AM

Yes in theory but I simply want to test at the circuit will work,that is all then if so then clip the pulse further in the loom..but just thinking bout at,ours has a beep unit under the rear bumper does yours not hav it. That's how it lets us know lock v unlock with the flashes

Old 03-15-2013, 06:45 AM

gen8,

just to clarify:

You want me to find the turn signal under the driver kick panel and then to connect the buzzer in order to see if it will work?
assuming that this will work, (i can't find any reason why it won't work) how I will avoid the beeping when I turn or Hazarding
where Is you beep unit located under the rear bumber? can you picture the plug & the location? maybe i will find there a blank plug that I can connect the buzzer to it.

Quick Reply: How to connect Chirp Buzzer for lock\unlock tone