Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to get service records?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Default How to get service records?

So,I got an 03 Outie for my girlfriend.It's a 1 owner car,bought it from adealership,so no service records.Called local dealership where the car has been originally purchased,they say: No service records are available due to privacy issues.I understand that but just cross the owner's name with a black marker and that's it.The answer is "NO"
WTF[:@]
Just wondering if there's any other way to find the info out or how to deal with the stealership.
Thanks

Old 01-08-2008, 02:14 PM
Default RE: How to get service records?

What do you want to know. They should answer specific questions like:

Was the timing belt done and when?
Was the tune up done and when?
Where any/all the recalls performed?

Old 01-08-2008, 02:58 PM

Yes,I'm interested in the timing belt.But I just find out that the dealership the car was serviced at is out if business so nobody can help me with the records[]

Old 01-08-2008, 04:35 PM

Well, dealership are always ***holes. Couple of years ago, before my outie, I was planing to buy a Montana Van from a Used Car Lot. I ask them, whats been done to the car, and how many owners own this before. He pulls out his dealership record, print it off from the computer, and show me that the van was a lease from a Chevy Dealer. They told me all the dates on the lease, and the dealership's name.

So I dont know why won't he tell you the car's history.
If they are still sealing their mouths, then the is basicly no way.
Just ask about servicing time questions then.
ie. when was timing belt change
when bluh bluh bluh and such

Your dealership are just ***holes that won't give you information after your purchase. My dealership was ****ing jerks, they over-price me when I made my purchase, and I had to call Mitsu Canada and the dealership for more then 10 times to complain them!

SR

Old 01-09-2008, 02:05 PM

Not all dealerships are @**holes. The Government are the @**holes who don't allow us to give out info with other peoples info on it(name,address,phone number). All our records would print up with the customer info on it. I can tell you what was done but I can't give you a copy of it. Don't like it change the law.

If the car was overpriced then why did you buy it?

Old 01-09-2008, 02:17 PM

Any Mitsu dealer can tell you what (if any) work was done under warranty, but for non-warranty work you would have to see the dealer who did it and if there closed then your out of luck. Sorry.

Old 01-09-2008, 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: RMUDBUGS

Not all dealerships are @**holes. The Government are the @**holes who don't allow us to give out info with other peoples info on it(name,address,phone number). All our records would print up with the customer info on it. I can tell you what was done but I can't give you a copy of it. Don't like it change the law.

If the car was overpriced then why did you buy it?
Well, I didn't mean ALL dealerships are ***holes. However, there are a lot of Mitsubishi Dealer that are, but not ALL. I know other Mitsubishi Owners have bad experiences with their dealer. I think the dealership could tell the customers what have been it done and gone through and such. (russoturristo want to know the outlander's service history)

My dealership was horrible, not because of the veichle's price, but their lying and not honest at what so ever. For example, my dealer wanted to give me something as a gift for buying the car, however, at the end, he charge me for the gift. I wanted a OEM cross bars on it, they charge me 1000 dollar with the bars. The next month, I check with Mitsubishi.ca, and the cross bars cost around 100-200 bucks! They even print out the price at the paper the dealer gave me when I pick up my car.

Anyways, Im saying some dealers, not ALL are ***holes. Hope you get your record from your dealer soon..

SR =D

Old 01-09-2008, 04:42 PM

The dealer does not exist anymore. Out of buesniess. So nothing can be done. I've known poeple who have had bad experances at all brands not just Mitsu. Hell I'm having a problem with Curcuit City right now. It is not Mitsu but that dealer.