Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to unlock MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by WiValdiBB
I would like to test if is something new in 50.21
There is one loading.kwi GURU here.
You now his name
But Otaku is probably too busy with other projects and for Happy New Year loadings a lot of MMCS owners waited long long time, over a year, I suppose.
I'm still looking for working loading.kwi unpacker/packer to try play with those files.
Lucky me, I bought second hand MMCS, so I have everything on a table.
THX
Nice! I need to get one I can play with as well. I think if I spend enough time, I might be able to unpack and repack loading.kwi successfully. I cook ROMS for WinMo phones and as far as I can see the kwi file is a simple coded WinCE image. No time though.

In 50.21, you get RTT (real time traffic). It connects to a local radio station and gets freeway traffic info. Pretty nifty.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by ookba
Nice! I need to get one I can play with as well. I think if I spend enough time, I might be able to unpack and repack loading.kwi successfully. I cook ROMS for WinMo phones and as far as I can see the kwi file is a simple coded WinCE image. No time though.

In 50.21, you get RTT (real time traffic). It connects to a local radio station and gets freeway traffic info. Pretty nifty.
Thanks for Your upload, unfortunatly I'm from Poland, and You have UM version
I'm still looking for loading.kwi 50.xx EM version
I have some experience with cooking HTC ROM's
I'm interesting with unlock Windows CE too
So, Good Luck

Old 04-02-2010, 02:00 AM
Unhappy MMCS maps updating HELP!!!!

Hello,
A friend of mine living in usa send me here to Greece couple a months ago a used mmcs for my outlander. The unit works ok unless the maps and i was waiting for an official european maps upadate includes Greece.
After six months waiting they send me couple a days ago the new official DVD with the maps updates.
i follow the instructions in order to load the dvd but nothing happend!!!!!!1
I am dissapointed because i thought that the only problem was to find the official dvd with the new maps for europe but seems that there is a difference between the US and EU MMCS (for unknow reason is not reading the dvd) The only updating i did was for cddb.
Does anyone can give me a help please?
Thanks a lot

i Thing i will send it back to my friend and i will buy a aftermarket

Old 04-04-2010, 07:33 AM
Default Crashed my disk - please help

Having unlocked my disk I was preparing to create an image of the disk using dd in linux when I accidentally dropped the disk on the hard floor while it was spinning. (It was hanging by the ATA cable :-()

I was going to swap the disk for a larger one anyway, but after the violent head crash I can't get the files out.

Is there anyone out there with a european image that would be willing to share a copy for a small fee?

I'm a software developer myself so I was also hoping to be able to contribute improvements to the software down the road. The possibilities are virtually endless now that we have the HDD password.

Old 04-04-2010, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by nikos D
Hello,
A friend of mine living in usa send me here to Greece couple a months ago a used mmcs for my outlander. The unit works ok unless the maps and i was waiting for an official european maps upadate includes Greece.
After six months waiting they send me couple a days ago the new official DVD with the maps updates.
i follow the instructions in order to load the dvd but nothing happend!!!!!!1
I am dissapointed because i thought that the only problem was to find the official dvd with the new maps for europe but seems that there is a difference between the US and EU MMCS (for unknow reason is not reading the dvd) The only updating i did was for cddb.
Does anyone can give me a help please?
Thanks a lot

i Thing i will send it back to my friend and i will buy a aftermarket
Accept to You. Of course there are four different versions of MMCS: Russian, Japan, Europe and US
Is some difference between MMCS units from US and Europe.
Some Polish guys from polish forum changed system of MMCS in cars imported from US. Everything works excluding radio step fequency interval (in US step is 0,2 MHz in Europe is 0,05 MHz or 0,1 MHz ), begin of FM is 87,1 so You can receive stations as for ex: 100.3 MHz, 100.5, MHz 100,7 MHz, 100.9 MHz and no stations like 100.2 MHz, 100.4 MHz, 100.6 MHz, 100,8 MHz
With that we are still working, if they are interesting stations frequncies the only what we can do is special frequency converer but that's no optimal ansewr.
You are in better position, of course if Your car is in European version beacuse some informations to MMCS comes from ETAC unit.
Maybe your radio frequency step will set to europen with region info from ETAC
If you have MMCS already, try to unlock HDD and change software or find somebody in Your neighbourhood to help You. Operation is not difficult but some strange and needs to find right PC's. If You have some technical knowledge I think, You can do it by self but You need image of HDD europen version.
I can help You but unfortunatly I'm from Poalnd, as I see You are from Greece.
Other posssibility is to send You HDD with european software, then only what You have to do is exchange of HDD
I bought second hand MMCS EM unit with 250 EUR
What maps You have? Do You have hardlock key too? Can you do ISO image of those DVD's and upload to for ex Rapidshare or send copys of DVD to us, if they are different from maps in version M140 (our available are: Map Data: M140 AEU_07_200801F )
Best Greets to Greece beutifuly country with such a nice food (my exwife spend 7 years on Kos island

Last edited by WiValdiBB; 04-04-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by medical
Having unlocked my disk I was preparing to create an image of the disk using dd in linux when I accidentally dropped the disk on the hard floor while it was spinning. (It was hanging by the ATA cable :-()

I was going to swap the disk for a larger one anyway, but after the violent head crash I can't get the files out.

Is there anyone out there with a european image that would be willing to share a copy for a small fee?

I'm a software developer myself so I was also hoping to be able to contribute improvements to the software down the road. The possibilities are virtually endless now that we have the HDD password.
You should be some more carefully with HDD. I have MMCS EM Norton Ghost Image of HDD, but at that moment I can't share such a huge file (UMTS conection with limits). Where from are You?

Old 04-06-2010, 02:48 PM

I think it just reads free space in that partition. You might be able to see something in the SET+NAVI mode (hold SET and NAVI for a few seconds).

Sure, here you go http://www.mediafire.com/?vkimgwzt2in. Can you patch it?
ookaba could you please upload the rest of the files that your HDD contains? just system files, please skip navi, cddb and music partitions. I'm trying to upgrade my MMCS to the latest version, I have already installed your bootloader you uploaded (works fine) but to make the upgrade complete I need the rest of the files. I will really appreciate your help with this.

Old 04-21-2010, 07:38 AM

i think....If somebody has the latest version of software an the latest version of maps, perhaps he can upload all the content of his hard drive and everybody can download it??

(sorry for my english)

Old 05-11-2010, 10:59 AM

I'm looking to replace some .bmp and .tbl files in loading.kwi
Is there any possibilities to extract/repack .kwi ?

are you guys still need DVD in motion allowed in 50.21? We just managed to did it with latest russian one.

Last edited by melin; 05-11-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:06 AM

gday people i have been following these threads for a while very interesting and concise i have tried some of the things that have been on here but none of them work on au models of the outlander,,

all i can tell you about the head unit in the car is that its a mmns made by eurovox i have the model number and such..

would like to get hte dvd in motion patch done plus a few others but they belong in different threads would appreciate some help from any body thanks guys

Quick Reply: How to unlock MMCS