Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

How to unlock MMCS

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008 | 07:44 PM
Default RE: How to unlock MMCS

MLD:
I'm pretty sure its option 3, but read the options and look for the one that reads, "unlock using linux"
thats the one you want, the option below that is "unlock using DOS" you don't want that one.

And a quick question for anyone that can help

I unlocked the HDD, replaced a few of the screen files, one of them actually changed, but the main Mitsubishi Logo (the very first one that comes up) is still the same and I replaced that file with a custom one. I'm wondering if its possible to replaced that file or am I wasting my time?

Old 09-23-2008 | 09:42 PM

I believe the mits logo that you see at boot is stored in the firmware as a boot image and that changing the image may not do any good although. Something to try is change the image then disconnect the battery on the car for 3 minutes to force the car to completely reload from the drive this might do the trick but cant say for sure, just kinda one of those hey give this a try type things.

Old 09-25-2008 | 11:18 AM

I have a question. I have tried unlocking my nr261um hdd on 2 different laptops and on each I keep getting asked for a hdd 0 password. I downloaded the .rar listed here opened it and copied the contents to cdrom. but I never get asked to boot from cdrom or to boot linux.

Anyone got any clue what is happening?

Old 09-25-2008 | 01:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Scott P

I have a question. I have tried unlocking my nr261um hdd on 2 different laptops and on each I keep getting asked for a hdd 0 password. I downloaded the .rar listed here opened it and copied the contents to cdrom. but I never get asked to boot from cdrom or to boot linux.

hit enter like 6 times, it will ask you initially on bootup for the HDD password, but if you hit 'enter' a bunch of times times (enter the wrong password 3 times basically) it will just bypass it and then you 'should' have the option to boot from CD then. That is how it worked on my dell.

It may be more or less for you, but it should just give up about the HDD password and try to boot the next device, which should be your bootable CDrom.

Old 09-25-2008 | 01:40 PM

If you're feeling brave, you can try hot-swapping the drive into the laptop. Boot laptop with drive unplugged, then when you're sitting at the boot menu on the CD-ROM, plug in the hard drive, then start to load linux. Be warned that this could be fatal to the laptop and/or drive

Old 09-25-2008 | 02:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Alpha7

ORIGINAL: Scott P

hit enter like 6 times, it will ask you initially on bootup for the HDD password, but if you hit 'enter' a bunch of times times (enter the wrong password 3 times basically) it will just bypass it and then you 'should' have the option to boot from CD then. That is how it worked on my dell.

It may be more or less for you, but it should just give up about the HDD password and try to boot the next device, which should be your bootable CDrom.
did that, and it came up saying that there was nothing to boot from. When making the boot disc, do i just open the rar file provided on pg 1 and copy it over to a cdrom?

Old 09-25-2008 | 02:54 PM

I think that when you extract it is an .ISO file, which is basically an image or the CD, you need to use a program like alcohol 120% or Nero or something to copy the image to a disk. If you don't do it this way it will not be bootable.

Someone else correct me if I'm wrong. I can't remember for sure if its an image.

Old 09-25-2008 | 03:38 PM

alright i found where to create a linix .iso file. I am assuming that is what i need to do, nut nonetheless I am still getting the same message that there is nothing to boot from

Old 09-25-2008 | 04:16 PM

Make sure in your BIOS your laptop will try to boot from CD if there is no HDD... better yet, set your CDROM drive as the primary boot device.

If that is already setup, then my guess would be its something with how the CDROM is setup. But it sounds like your doing that correctly now.

Old 09-25-2008 | 04:26 PM

I am thinking that I am doing something when burning the cdrom that or I am not creating the linux .iso file correctly.

Quick Reply: How to unlock MMCS