Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums

Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/)
-   Mitsubishi Outlander (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/)
-   -   I have a 2010 Outlander GT (https://mitsubishiforum.com/forum/mitsubishi-outlander-10/i-have-2010-outlander-gt-34623/)

MadisonMini 12-22-2009 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by jwaters943 (Post 254122)
Glad to hear it's more quiet. That's my biggest complaint about my 2007. How's the wind noise at speed?

Also, do you find the slight improvements to the engine noticeable at all in daily driving? What about the S-AWC system? Any thoughts/comments on that compared to the old AWC system? Does it reduce/eliminate torque steer when in tarmac?

It's very quiet on the highway compared with the 2007, even over 80mph.

The S-AWC is crazy. Here's what it does (I think): it can sense when you're taking a corner really fast, cause the inner wheels to slow and the outer to spin faster, so you can take corners like you're on rails. There's a graphical display on the console when the S-AWC is kicking in and where it's sending power. There is no body lean. No comparison with how much better the car handles compared with the 2007.

Edmunds.com found this GT to be the second fastest SUV through the slalom (X6 M was first). The S-AWC is the reason for that.

There is no more torque steer and the acceleration from stand still is much more smooth.

ruski 12-23-2009 02:28 PM

pics or this didn't happen :)

Islander 12-31-2009 09:54 PM

Hi there, I'm new to the forum and just picked up an 09 Outlander. It's got every option. Unfortunately I was mistaken in that there is no USB direct connection for the IPOD through the nav. I guess they introduced this for '10. I was going to ask you how you like the connection? can you control the ipods basic functions through the head unit and steering wheel control? thanks for your time!

MadisonMini 01-01-2010 05:12 PM

For some reason, I have a problem with my iPhone thru the USB port. I have an iPod that I haven't tried yet. I loaded a bunch of music onto a 8GB jump drive and that works great, can control it from the Nav screen.

With the FUSE, I can say : "Play Artist Muse" and it starts playing it from the jump drive. Pretty cool, so I really find that I'm not really pressing the Nav screen that much.

I'm using the bluetooth a lot with my iPhone because then I can use Pandora or NPR radio through it. If it was hooked up through USB, then it would be Ipod music only.

Hope this helps.

Islander 01-01-2010 07:56 PM

Thanks very much for the info. Could I trouble you to try your ipod with it? That would be my primary use for the USB connection. I don't want to go through the trouble of trying to retrofit it on to my '09 model only to find that my ipod is not recognized by the system. Thanks again for your time!

jsrd 01-01-2010 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by MadisonMini (Post 254072)
About 700 miles on it now. Had it a week so far. Wanted to use this thread for people who may be interested to ask me questions. I do have the Nav package. I had a 2007 XLS that I traded for this car.

Hi MadisonMini. What about look for aluminum pedals and sunvisors with lights? And, what is your comment about cluster instrument vs 2009down versions? Can you start calls without too much "navigation" through the interphase, like as only to say "call home" and ready? Can you upload some picture of selector traction?

Saludos. . .

MadisonMini 01-04-2010 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Islander (Post 254383)
Thanks very much for the info. Could I trouble you to try your ipod with it? That would be my primary use for the USB connection. I don't want to go through the trouble of trying to retrofit it on to my '09 model only to find that my ipod is not recognized by the system. Thanks again for your time!

No problem, I'll try it later today.

MadisonMini 01-04-2010 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by jsrd (Post 254388)
Hi MadisonMini. What about look for aluminum pedals and sunvisors with lights? And, what is your comment about cluster instrument vs 2009down versions? Can you start calls without too much "navigation" through the interphase, like as only to say "call home" and ready? Can you upload some picture of selector traction?

Saludos. . .

Aluminum pedals look good. Sunvisors with the lights are a nice touch. Wish they had an extender from the sunvisors for the hard to reach spots.

I had a 2007XLS, I'm not familiar with the 2009 version specifically, put the instrument cluster looks way better than my 2007, because there is color now, instead of that terrible orange.

There are still a lot of questions from FUSE when trying to make a call. Press call button. "Call Adam". "Multiple matches found (even though there's only one Adam). Do you want to call Adam?" "Yes" "Do you want to call Adam mobile or home?" "Mobile." "Calling Adam mobile. Is that correct?" "Yes." Finally....

jsrd 01-04-2010 08:41 AM

Thank´s MadisonMini. I'm very happy with my '07 model, so, I will not change it soon. At the moment I bought the aluminum pedals and sunvisors with lights, I hope to install it without problems. I want swap too the instrument cluster and obtain FUSE bluetooth, I will continue seeing about this :)

MadisonMini 01-04-2010 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Islander (Post 254383)

Just tried my iPod nano (8 gb model) tonight and it worked perfectly. It's second gen nano.

Don't know what the problem with the iPhone is, but iPhone and bluetooth is great.