Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Ignitio key illumination

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Default Ignitio key illumination

Today installed to my Out the light to illuminate the ignition key cylinder, project that does some time wanted to make. After obtaining information to obtain OEM function/look, I used a bulb type incandescent with plastic cover in blue color, and operate this function in accordance with the input signals below:

- Ignition switch (IG1)
- Key reminder switch
- Steering lock
- Driver´s door switch.

Here details for installation:

1. Remove upper&bottom steering wheel covers. Unscrew two screw under bottom cover and separates the covers pulling gently of the central part in opposite way; they are united by clips

Name:  Instalacin10.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  49.1 KB

2. Remove key& KOS cover; under KOS module there is screw that must take off and, gently to remove the KOS module to be able to work with comfort

Name:  Instalacin8.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  48.6 KB

3. Here the type of socket and incandescent bulb that I used and the connector C-211 from which feeding according to service manual information (circuit diagram 90-86)

Name:  Instalacin9.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  42.4 KB

4. After making tests to verify that the illumination works correctly, replace all the covers in the inverted order. The next pic doesn´t make honor to the good that sees this modification, but the camera did not help me. I am very happy with the obtained results

Name:  Instalacin5.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  4.4 KB

Old 11-05-2008, 02:35 AM
Default RE: Ignitio key illumination

Very cool & professional job. Tell me, this lamp holder made of clear plastic was it there & not used? or you added it & if yes do you have the part # so one can buy it?

Old 11-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Default RE: Ignitio key illumination

Hi dger, The "preparation" there is and with the space to put socket/bulb ready (photo 3A). In fact, in the photo 2B appears the module (KOS for versions with FastKey and WCM for versions without FastKey) with a plastic black cover that is due to remove for being able to retire module and later to return to place this cover. I am sure that in your vehicle you will find the same conditions.