Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Infinity System

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 03:46 PM
drh
Default Infinity System

I just bought a 04 Outlander XLS, which has the Infinity HU.. is this a decent unit.. or would it be worth replacing with something like a Blaupunkt Miami Beach CD 52.. I read somewhere that there should be an amp installed in the car.. Obviously i dont know squat about audio, but I want a decent sounding system without killin my wallet and my wife wont kill me either..

Old 09-07-2005, 06:29 PM
JMC
Default RE: Infinity System

Well.....the speakers and amp(under the drivers seat) are not bad at all. The Head Unit is....um...it's just basic no frills. A new head unit would be cool...and some will work great with the speakers and amp you have now. Go all in one Navi......

Old 09-07-2005, 06:44 PM
drh

thanks dude, ill throw this Blaupunkt in there and see if it makes a dif.. do you know also if there is factory tweeters installed.. i see the grill but havent pulled it yet.. anything else that i can do that wont cost me a butload.. wife is prego so the funds is limited..thanks[8D]

Old 09-07-2005, 07:00 PM
JMC

If you see the grill then they should be there. try this to be sure......use the fader and pan all the way to the left and then the balance all the way to the left. Keep yr ear near the tweed and you should hear it working. What else are you looking to do? Audio only? YO!!!!! Congrats on the kid.....that's awesome!!!!!!!!! Better than any head unit ever made!

Old 09-07-2005, 07:12 PM
drh

ORIGINAL: JMC

Well.....the speakers and amp(under the drivers seat) are not bad at all. The Head Unit is....um...it's just basic no frills. A new head unit would be cool...and some will work great with the speakers and amp you have now. Go all in one Navi......
I would love to do some mods to the motor, as much as I can till the wife tells me to stop.. thanks.. kid will be here dec 29th or so ya know how that is.. tis the reason for buying the Outie... I love it so far.. I traded from a 00 sliverado loaded.. 5.3 v8 with a few mods, so i miss the power but not the frequent stops to the gas station

Old 09-08-2005, 05:19 AM

if you got the infinity package it might have the tweets in them already. just pull out the grill. its held on by clips and check.

Changing head unit will show major improvement from stock. i remeber my stock had to be pumped up to 25 to be decently "loud". in my pioneer, 10 gets it to about the same level

I also bought an outlander for a soon to be family car in the future, way into the future heh. congrats on the up comming child

Old 09-08-2005, 09:41 AM
drh

ORIGINAL: Punisher

if you got the infinity package it might have the tweets in them already. just pull out the grill. its held on by clips and check.

Changing head unit will show major improvement from stock. i remeber my stock had to be pumped up to 25 to be decently "loud". in my pioneer, 10 gets it to about the same level

I also bought an outlander for a soon to be family car in the future, way into the future heh. congrats on the up comming child
Yeah I have the infinity package, tweeters are there.. I went to change the head unit last night, and found what I guess is the amp wiring? Do they make a harness for that? I called crutchfield and they just try and sell me a new HU.
I think the one my bro gave me should be fine.. http://www.midwestelectronics.com/pr...products_id/40

thanks, watch out, the whole kid thing happens fast.. We have been married for a little over a year, lost one baby, and the first try after the waiting time it happend again.

Old 09-08-2005, 11:54 AM

I am looking to install my pioneer HU and I also have the Infinity system. I haven't had the time to do it yet or check to see what type of wiring goes between the amp and the factory HU. I have been told it may not work with an aftermarket HU. Let me know if you are able to use your amp with your new HU. I'm hoping I will be able to also.

Old 09-08-2005, 12:05 PM
drh

ORIGINAL: OhioOutie

I am looking to install my pioneer HU and I also have the Infinity system. I haven't had the time to do it yet or check to see what type of wiring goes between the amp and the factory HU. I have been told it may not work with an aftermarket HU. Let me know if you are able to use your amp with your new HU. I'm hoping I will be able to also.
I just got off the phone with Crutchfield and they told me that you cant use the factory amp with a new HU.. You would have to wire around the amp to the speakers, that bums me out.. anyone done any changes that has an answer

Old 09-09-2005, 09:47 AM
drh

ok new one... has anyone ever installed a new head unit and tried to wire around the amp or with the amp and if so did it work, can you tell me how to do it.. thanks

Quick Reply: Infinity System