Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

Interior Trim Kit - any experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Default Interior Trim Kit - any experiences?

I am looking at the Outlander for my wife. I really like the Outlander, but my wife prefers the Santa Fe. Why you ask? She likes the look of the fake woodgrain trim that the outlander does not have. (Thats it, no other reason) Has anyone installed any aftermarket interior trim kits? I am skeptical because they use 2 sided tape - and it gets a bit warm in the summer in Orlando (I'd be in the doghouse if the new trim fell off) Anyone install one of these kits, any feedback?

Thanks in advance!

Raff

Old 11-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Default RE: Interior Trim Kit - any experiences?

I have not put a dash kit on my outtie, but I did speak to a personat a company here in the Phoenix area that installs them. Like Orlando, Phoenix is hot and sunny. Hisonly concern was not that the pieces would fall off since they use a 3M primer to attach them, but the piece that covers the top glove glove box (on top of the dash) might fade due to the sun coming in through the windshield. Other than that he had no concerns. I would suggest trying to find a company in your area who installs them,talk to them, and see what kind of warranty they offer.

BTW. www.sherwooddash.com is a company that offers a very nice dash kit for the outtie.